TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FWB 601 questions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:18 pm
Posts: 3
Does anyone have experience with the FWB 600 – 603 series? I’m wondering what the expected MV should be with various weight pellets? Any preferences for grain wt. or brand? Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWB 601 questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:06 am
Posts: 171
Location: Montreal, Canada
tiptop wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the FWB 600 – 603 series? I’m wondering what the expected MV should be with various weight pellets? Any preferences for grain wt. or brand? Thanks!


Welcome to the board. Looks like folks here don't really like to respond to velocity questions or even best pellet questions.

I recently sold my FWB 602 and don't remember what the velocity was, other than that it was somewhere around 550 fps. Certainly all that was needed to put a nice clean hole in paper at 10 meters. I was shooting "rifle" pellets with it, and tried several with the better ones being H&N Finale Match Rifle (now called "Heavy") and JSB Match Diabolo. Both shot much more accurately than I could shoot. But the rifle did prefer smaller rather than larger head diameter and I found 4.49mm was the best.

But every gun is different, even same make/model guns can vary and the only option for you is to try a bunch of different pellets (and head sizes) to determine which works best for you.

Have fun!

_________________
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S Stainless .177, HW50S .22


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWB 601 questions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:18 pm
Posts: 3
Thanks very much for the info. One more question: is it ok to dry fire the 601? It's a single stroke pneumatic and I'm guessing it would do no harm but does anyone know for sure? Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWB 601 questions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:06 am
Posts: 171
Location: Montreal, Canada
tiptop wrote:
Thanks very much for the info. One more question: is it ok to dry fire the 601? It's a single stroke pneumatic and I'm guessing it would do no harm but does anyone know for sure? Thanks!


The 601 unlike the 602 and higher, has no "dedicated" dry fire mechanism, but yes, it's okay to dry fire. The only disadvantage is it's louder and you've got to pump the lever.

_________________
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S Stainless .177, HW50S .22


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWB 601 questions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:18 pm
Posts: 3
Thanks much!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWB 601 questions
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:55 am
Posts: 11
Location: Canada
No I think not, based on the information I got at the time the 601 was THE rifle to have, it is not safe to dry fire with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWB 601 questions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 am
Posts: 21
Location: Maine
Mtl_Biker wrote:
tiptop wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the FWB 600 – 603 series? I’m wondering what the expected MV should be with various weight pellets? Any preferences for grain wt. or brand? Thanks!


Welcome to the board. Looks like folks here don't really like to respond to velocity questions or even best pellet questions.

I recently sold my FWB 602 and don't remember what the velocity was, other than that it was somewhere around 550 fps. Certainly all that was needed to put a nice clean hole in paper at 10 meters. I was shooting "rifle" pellets with it, and tried several with the better ones being H&N Finale Match Rifle (now called "Heavy") and JSB Match Diabolo. Both shot much more accurately than I could shoot. But the rifle did prefer smaller rather than larger head diameter and I found 4.49mm was the best.

But every gun is different, even same make/model guns can vary and the only option for you is to try a bunch of different pellets (and head sizes) to determine which works best for you.

Have fun!



My 602 seems to like RWS R10 Match, 8.2 gr. I wish I was a better offhand shot, but at my age, I think I'll stick to benchrest.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group