Anschutz air cylinder

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

backintoshooting

Anschutz air cylinder

Post by backintoshooting »

I have a leaky air cylinder for a 2002 CA. Is there anything that can be done to "repair" these or is it necessary to go and buy a new one? Mine is 12+ years old so I'm pretty sure it's out of that 10 year use warning, which I don't care about as I'm not competing, but if it's fixable don't want it to blow up on me.
TenMetrePeter

Re: Anschutz air cylinder

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Strongly recommend buy a new one. A good gunsmith would not touch a 12 yr old pressure vessel, and parts and labor costs would make it just as expensive anyway. 10 yr limit is in lieu of a hydro test. Safety not bureaucracy.
Rover

Post by Rover »

TenMetrePeter wrote:Strongly recommend buy a new one. A good gunsmith would not touch a 12 yr old pressure vessel, and parts and labor costs would make it just as expensive anyway. 10 yr limit is in lieu of a hydro test. Safety not bureaucracy.
On the contrary, this is NOTHING but bureaucracy. When was the last time you heard of a cylinder bursting (if ever)?

Unfortunately, you'll have to fix the cylinder yourself or pay through the nose for a new one.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

They havent been around long enough yet but give it time. So what is (s)he going to use to dismantle the cylinder ends - a bench vise and a pair of pump pliers? Will that help the integrity of an old pressure vessel? If by not competing the OP means never standing next to another human to shoot then fine, risk it.
We still dont know where it is leaking from.