Fill Station Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pelangham

Fill Station Question

Post by pelangham »

I want to fill a Hammerli air pistol from a 4500 psi Guerrilla paintball tank. Can it be done safely and what connections will I need?
Crashtacular

Re: Fill Station Question

Post by Crashtacular »

Assuming your Guerilla Air tank has the original Guerilla Air regulator, then no, it will not fill. A normal paintball regulator outputs anywhere from 700psi to 950psi. The 4500 psi rating that your tanks states is the pressure that the actual cylinder is rated for. Even if your regulator outputs on the high side (950 psi) then it is still too low to fill a normal 200 bar cylinder. If you are willing to use your paintball cylinder strictly for filling airguns and no longer for paintball, then you have two options. You can purchase a non regulated valve from either AirHog or Joe Brancato and be capable of filling any airgun to any pressure up to 4500 psi. The other option is to purchase a regulator and fill system from Ninja Paintball. This system can be ordered with a 2800psi output that can vary anywhere from 2600-3000psi. Both of these options require removal of your regulator and proper installation of the new valve/regulator. If you choose to take the Ninja regulator option, then I would strongly recommend testing the regulator output pressure before filling your cylinder, just to be safe. If you do not feel comfortable installing the parts, I can do it for you through the store I work at. If you are interested you can pm me for details. I have repaired no less than a dozen paintball regulators every week for the last 9 years. Also as a side note, if you do play paintball and are ever in the NJ or eastern PA area, there are a ton of fields around here and I can get a group of people together pretty easily. If you have any other questions then you can pm me, whether it be airgun, firearm, or paintball related, I am happy to help.