Anschutz versus FWB dovetail sizing help.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

zanemoseley

Anschutz versus FWB dovetail sizing help.

Post by zanemoseley »

Ok I've currently got a Anschutz 1907 in 1912 stock. I shoot a scope prone with a removable rail from Champion Shooter and use a Centra Pro 57 rear and Anschutz front sight atop Centra adjustable risers in kneeling and standing.

I just took in a FWB 2700 Supermatch in on trade and am trying to wrap my head around the differences. I just got it yesterday and haven't had a ton of time to play with it however it appears that the Centra risers won't slide onto the FWB dovetail. The FWB does come with sights however they're too low, I really like the Centra risers but not sure I'm going to be able to use them. Also may need a scope rail if I want to continue shooting the scope in prone, I could be talked into going 100% aperture sights possibly.
SlartyBartFast

Re: Anschutz versus FWB dovetail sizing help.

Post by SlartyBartFast »

I can't help, but had to say that what sights are compatible with which firearms is one of the most frustrating things I've encountered as a new shooter.

Finding simple information on mounting systems is one thing. Except that they all seem to be different and incompatible. Found that out as I started investigating accessories and parts and the different models were always offered.
(Like they are here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gehmann-Adjusta ... 95038a34c0)

Then I found that the only adaptors widely available consist of every mounting system under the sun to Picatinny. Nothing found to bring any standard sporting rifle to Feinwerkbau, Walther, or Anschutz spec.

(EDIT: Thought I'd add that I think I did provide you with some help. The unfortunate answer is you're out of luck. Anschutz and FWB are different spec and the risers for one don't fit on the other.)
Last edited by SlartyBartFast on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
Joost99

Post by Joost99 »

May or may not help, but I bought some raiser blocks from ebay (not sure I can post a link here but seller is waleidna8591 he's still selling - search 'fwb raiser block')

I contacted him direct and he made me a set of blocks which was fwb on the bottom and anshutz on the top.

Justin
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Joost99 wrote:May or may not help, but I bought some raiser blocks from ebay (not sure I can post a link here but seller is waleidna8591 he's still selling - search 'fwb raiser block')

I contacted him direct and he made me a set of blocks which was fwb on the bottom and anshutz on the top.

Justin
He definitely makes beautiful raisers. Based in UK

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TARGET-RIFLE-SI ... 1694023906
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

That is a very good price for some custom risers.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Well I got lucky and the scope rail my Leupold sits on has enough adjustment to fit the FWB dovetail. Now just gotta get the irons like I want them.
swift220swift

Post by swift220swift »

Bill Earnest at Earnest Shooting Products makes risers with FWB on the bottom and Anschutz on the top.
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

My advice, and what i have done for the last couple years is this:

1. Swap out the Bloop Tube for one with Anschutz size front bases:

2. Use Genuine Anschutz Sight's and Bases and you wont have a problem for the rest of your days.

The front tube on the FWB is wider cant recall how much, so switching the the Bloop Tube, allows you to use the more available parts, However you can still use the FWB sight, it just require's a small shim; I have done this but it does not come recommended.

On the receiver side of things, all Anschutz sized parts fit and work great, you just need to watch out for the height clearance, the modern Anschutz Parts are machined with a slightly taller Dovetail cut allowing them to fit. I ran the 7020 Sight set like this very successfully for a long time before switching to another rifle.

Cameron
Attachments
DSCN2444.jpg