Centra pro 57 as a replacement on air arms mpr

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Rhysatkins

Centra pro 57 as a replacement on air arms mpr

Post by Rhysatkins »

I am looking to replace the sights on my air arms mpr and was thing of getting the centra pro 57 for the rear and maybe the score crystal on the front does anybody have any expierence with these or advise. Sorry for a newbie first time post question
TenMetrePeter

Re: Centra pro 57 as a replacement on air arms mpr

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Air Arms used to offer "deluxe sights" as an accessory. When I asked if they were still avaliable as an accessory they said no but when they were available they were Centra Pro 57.
Main difference is the standard "chinese Gamo" sights have a long overhang so Centras will be further from your eye. I am saving up for these as the standard sights have too much slack movement after a while.

see Also Abby's Gehmann compacts
http://www.air-arms.co.uk/uncategorized ... bby-warren

The foresight tunnel is plastic but serviceable especially if you fit an Anschutz 18mm perspex insert.

Check out my Youtube channel for other MPR mods.
Olympic Dreamer

Post by Olympic Dreamer »

Rhysatkins wrote:I am looking to replace the sights on my air arms mpr and was thing of getting the centra pro 57 for the rear and maybe the score crystal on the front does anybody have any expierence with these or advise. Sorry for a newbie first time post question
You probably can consider this. It's alot cheaper too: http://tec-hro.de/schiesssport/en/sport ... sight.html

But I'm not sure if it mounts on to AA guns (I think it will since it's a universal mount). Better to confirm with Tec-hro.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

The MPR has standard 11mm rails so yes it will fit.
The three sights mentioned so far are all within a few euros of €160.
Will the OP respond I wonder.
Rhysatkins

Post by Rhysatkins »

I went for the Centra Pro 57 in the end and and I can say is how amazing it it, has a real sense of build quality and very easy to adjust.

Haven't got round to the front sight waiting to pay day at the end of the month.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Rhysatkins wrote:I went for the Centra Pro 57 in the end and and I can say is how amazing it it, has a real sense of build quality and very easy to adjust.

Haven't got round to the front sight waiting to pay day at the end of the month.
Good to hear. you can tell me now, is the Pro57 height a match for the Air Arms front sight? ie can you use it now?
Rhysatkins

Post by Rhysatkins »

Yeah it works well with it, haven't had chance to shoot too much with it but no real noticeable issues.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

TenMetrePeter wrote:Air Arms used to offer "deluxe sights" as an accessory. When I asked if they were still avaliable as an accessory they said no but when they were available they were Centra Pro 57.
see Also Abby's Gehmann compacts
http://www.air-arms.co.uk/uncategorized ... bby-warren
Now I have my Pro 57 I can see that mechanically they are identical to Gehmann Compact. They use a diagonally spring loaded carrier plate with the two screw adjusters in the same plane which eliminates backlash in a compact assembly. Neither has numbers on the knobs unfortunately.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

TenMetrePeter wrote:Now I have my Pro 57 I can see that mechanically they are identical to Gehmann Compact. They use a diagonally spring loaded carrier plate with the two screw adjusters in the same plane which eliminates backlash in a compact assembly.
It's also the same arrangement used by Steyr, Feinwerkbau, Walther, Tesro, Kelly, Freeland, and others.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Seen pics of steyr but not the others There's probably some rebadging too. Until I got one in my hands I had always wondered what the little shaft was sticking out bottom left!
Just hoping it will stand up to 80 click adjustment every week from 10m to 6 yd. Numbers would help and I would buy suitable numbered knobs if I could find them.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

I used a Steyr on several smallbores for the best part of ten years, and had no problems with wear while shooting several times a week. However, I did have an earlier sight that jammed on its first outing at 100 yards, as it didn't quite have enough elevation.

The Steyr had numbered turrets, although these wouldn't help for 80 clicks, and the design of the body doesn't allow for a vernier.