Post by Peakconti »

National Rifle League /
VT Winter Postal League
(518) 534-1730
http://VTWinter.postalleague.com
Vtwinterpostalleague@yahoo.com
Facebook at “VT Winter Postal League / National Rifle League”

Hello

I am the Director of the National Rifle League, also known as the VT Winter Postal League, we been in existence since 1975. This small-bore and air rifle league had 31 teams competing with over 200 shooters last year from coast to coast. Last year we had five divisions. We are an easy going, very inexpensive and all inclusive league. We try and make it as easy as possible for shooters of all levels, ability and physical limitations to shoot against each other. In times when we are finding our clubs isolated and having a difficult time finding completion allowing us to grow our programs we have been the answer. We have witnessed a re-growth of many once struggling clubs who have joined our league. Teams/Clubs have three ways to compete 4-P on the A-17 target (many of our better shooters shoot kneeling twice instead of sitting), prone on the USA-50 target, or standing (air rifle ) on the standard AR-50 target. Club may also choose to fire the prone or 4-P matches using an air rifle. Mixed teams are permitted (you can have shooters fire any of the disciplines, and they may fire more than one with their higher score counting towards their team score. Teams can be as large as you with the top 4 scores counting, however you can enter a smaller team too with the league giving you one handicap score. We often have some teams entering just a two man team to get things started. We encourage larger clubs to enter more than one team giving all of their shooters the chance to see their scores count. Cost is only $6 per shooter (per discipline) for all 10 matches. Matches are of course all fired on your home range with only your match 10 targets mailed in for verification (or e-mailed if using electronic targets). Registration and scores are all entered on line at http://VTWinter.postalleague.com through our web host net. Competitor. In addition to the team match all shooters are ranked by discipline with weakly reports e-mailed out. We have Division All-Stars (both open and for juniors ) and Top Shots based on discipline. During week 7 & 10 we have our famous bracket match where individual shooters are broken into groups of four based on their average. The winner of each bracket wins $5. Yes its low cost and having fun is the most important part. We have attracted both Olympic and beginner shooters. Handicapped and physically challenged shooters are welcome with no doctors note needed. This is an excellent way to grow your junior (and adult) program; who doesn't like to shoot as part of a team.

The league official starts in early January, see submission dates below, however you may shoot and enter your scores prior to that date, depending on your own program. Staying a week or two ahead may help if the weather turns bad. If you have any questions feel free to send me an e-mail, I can even assist you in setting up and registering your team. Attached you will find the official rules for the League. We are also on facebook, check us out and "like" us.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Peter Visconti, Esq
Director
National Rifle League

Past League Champions
1975 Covered Bridge 1991 Burlington 2002 Whitehall 2013 Whitehall
1976 Burlington 1992 Burlington 2003 Whitehall 2014 Albion
1977 Covered Bridge 1993 Burlington 2004 Whitehall 2015 Albion PA
1978 Whitehall 1994 Burlington 2005 Whitehall 2016 Sutter CA
1979 Whitehall 1995 Fort Ann 2006 Whitehall
1985 Whitehall 1996 Burlington 2007 Whitehall
1986 Whitehall 1997 Burlington 2008 Whitehall
1987 Burlington 1998 Burlington 2009 Whitehall
1988 Burlington 1999 Fort Ann 2010 Whitehall
1989 Burlington 2000 Whitehall 2011 Whitehall
1990 Burlington 2001 Whitehall 2012 Whitehall

Week One scores are to be submitted by Sat 1/14/17 and then weekly thereafter.
Week Two scores due by 1/21/17
Week Three scores due by 1/28/17
Week Four scores due by 2/4//17
Week Five scores due by 2/11/17
Week Six scores due by 2/18/17 (brackets are set for match 7)
Bye week for match 7
Week Seven scores due by 3/4/17 (this is our first bracket match week)
Week eight scores due by 3/11/17
Week nine scores due by 3/18/17 (brackets are set for match 10)
Bye week for match 10
Week Ten scores due by 4/1/17, Targets should be mailed or hand delivered
no later than 4/1/17

Handicapped / Physically challenged shooters are welcome
Peakconti

Re: National Rifle League/ VT Winter Postal League

Post by Peakconti »

attached is the official league rules for 2017, again if you have any questions please give me a call or send me an e-mail. Some common questions

Is their a separate fee for teams.............no you pay just $6 per shooter, per discipline

Is this fee per week, ............. no that's for the entire season, this is not a profit making venture, some of our fees go to the web site that helps us, most of it is paid back to the competitors as awards and the rest is fundraiser for my junior program.

Do you have 3-p or can I shoot this 3-P?............Yes many of our top shooters and a lot of our juniors just shoot kneeling twice instead of sitting.

I am physically not able to shoot 4-P can I compete? Yes handicapped or physically challenged shooters are welcome, no doctors note is needed. If you are 84 and can no longer physically shoot then shoot under the handicapped rules.

How many people are needed for a team, Four scores count, you can have as many shooters as you want, or as little, we often have a team start up with two shooters, you can add people during the season or perhaps grow your program for next year. You also get one handicap score to help get you to four shooters score wise.

Do I have to mail you all my targets ? No, only for match 10

Can I use electronic targets, .............Yes just e-mail me your results in a file or photo for match 10

Is using a scope permitted, Yes

My clubs indoor season ends prior to the end of your season because we are in warmer weather what should we do?
Start shooting your scores prior to the start of the season, scores only have to be entered on line prior to the end date for that week.

Can I shoot more than one discipline, yes you can shoot one two or three, only your best score will count towards your team score.

I am not sure how many shooters I will have? You can always add shooters any time even if the season started.

When is payment due? you must pay to enter scores,

When should I register? Now, you can always log in, register, set up your club, set up your teams and register others and just wait on paying, You can make changes to your team anytime prior to the first week. You can even delete shooter prior to paying for them.

I am horrible with computer and not sure if I can compete the registration process..... send me an e-mail or give me a call, I can log in as you set you all up, everything, so all you need to do is log back in and pay. Entering score are easy, and if you run into issues e-mail me your scores and I can do that for you.
Attachments
VTWinterPostalLeague2017LeagueRules.doc
(40 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
NC_rifle

Post by NC_rifle »

Sounds like fun. I will be signing up.
Thanks!
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

The league season starts in about 6 weeks so its time to get yourself and your club registered to compete.
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

Here is a short you tube video on how to register your team for the league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qvyN7kTanM&sns=em