parts availability of FWB 60x or Walther LGR

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dukja

parts availability of FWB 60x or Walther LGR

Post by dukja »

Recently I got a Daisy CMP 853 and really enjoy the accuracy and the nature of SSP. I also like the fact that I can service the gun myself easily and low-cost parts availability in US.

Now I am thinking of getting either FWB 60x or LGR, but both are foreign guns. I tried to find posts about how people getting parts and service them (replacing o-ring seal, etc) but didn't find much info. I do read posts mentioning that they are easy to service and to get parts but nothing solid on the website or contact info.

So I would appreciate some comments of both guns in comparison regarding the cost, longevity of parts, and reliable sources in US.

Thanks!!
Last edited by dukja on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rover

Re: parts availability of FWB 60x or Walther LGR

Post by Rover »

Rarely will the LGR require anything but some O-rings, available everywhere. Pilk could probably repair. Parts available from Earl's, but they tend to gouge on shipping.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I'd go with Feinwerkbau all the way. They have airguns that have been phased out many years ago, but they still offer excellent aftermarket service and have parts for them. Walther was acquired by Umarex, many of their older guns no longer have parts availability.
dukja

Post by dukja »

Thank you both for the good information.

To follow up on FWB's parts, are there some reliable source here in US? Or I have to order directly from FWB?

I have also been pointed to eBay for the FWB parts. Are those authentic ones or good alternative? Thanks!!
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I think the guy that sells the OEM FWB parts on eBay is from Canada. I buy my parts directly from FWB and it only takes 5-7 days to arrive! If you're planning to shoot your rifle a lot and you're a hands on person, having an additional set of seals is always good. Disassembly and reassembly on the FWB 600 series is pretty straight forward.
dukja

Post by dukja »

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Although I would like to find local US part resources, knowing that FWB keep support old gun is very encouraging. And I enjoy working on well-engineered gears, including air file. :)
dukja

Post by dukja »

One more related questions: would it be lots of hassle buying air rifle from European countries when it go through the US custom?

Thanks!!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just buy one from JimE. He'll handle that.