Replacement Action Screw for LG400 expert

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ArmySGM

Replacement Action Screw for LG400 expert

Post by ArmySGM »

So I ordered a Gehman Torque Wrench from Champions Choice to start torquing down the action of my son's LG400 Expert. I did not have my glasses on and did not notice that the action screw appears to be a Torx screw and I stripped it by using the Allen head bits that came with the torque wrench.

1. Where can I order a replacement action screw for an LG400 Expert?

2. What is the correct bit size to use? It appears to be between a T15 and a T20.

3. Can I use it with the Gehman Torque Wrench? Is there a better option for a torque wrench?

Any assistance/info would be appreciated
TenMetrePeter

Re: Replacement Action Screw for LG400 expert

Post by TenMetrePeter »

measure the length and diameter. it will be in mm probably M5 or M6. just buy a metric allen screw (or 10) from eBay.
ArmySGM

Post by ArmySGM »

TenMetrePeter wrote:measure the length and diameter. it will be in mm probably M5 or M6. just buy a metric allen screw (or 10) from eBay.
Thanks, I found the correct dimensions on the schematic for the stock and have the correct screw ordered to replace the one in it.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Great! Probably get a set of torx bits for a few dollars from the 'Bay too. probably 1/4 hex drive, never seen another size. But then its German. ...
ArmySGM

Post by ArmySGM »

The correct screw is an an Allen head. Either at some point it was replaced with an incorrect torx screw (bought it used) or when it stripped it just appeared to be a Torx. Not sure at this point.