Seeking North East Ohio Smallbore shooters

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

MikeBoy

Seeking North East Ohio Smallbore shooters

Post by MikeBoy »

First off I'd like to officially say Hello to this fine group of smallbore enthusiasts. I've been a long time lurker..

Anyway- I'm looking for smallbore shooters in North East Ohio area to shoot with. I belong to a club that has lost nearly all the smallbore rifle shooters. There is still a designated weekly indoor (50 Ft) shooting session for adult 3-P and prone, but often I am the only one shooting. I fear this will be the last year to have an adult smallbore rifle night unless I can some how drum up more interest.

If there is anyone in the Cleveland area that wants to shoot on a weekly basis (Thursday evenings) , please PM me for details on the Club.

Mike
Steve N

Re: Seeking North East Ohio Smallbore shooters

Post by Steve N »

I accepted Mike's invitation and shot at his club last Thursday. Mike is a super nice guy. I must say it's it is a very nice club and the people are really friendly. The range is clean, with good air circulation. I didn't see any safety issues (a big thing for me).

I encourage any smallbore shooters in the Cleveland, OH area to contact Mike. Club is located in the North Olmsted/Westlake area. $4 to shoot is a very reasonable fee.

Steve
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

Mike,

I would like to invite you to check out the National Rifle League / VT Winter Postal League. Its a great way to help grow you clubs program. I have found that shooters need a reason to show up from week to week, or year to year. Being part of a team competing in a league is one way to do just that. Plus it can attract new shooters who have never tried the sport. I make sure to put our results in our local paper each week with our club info and phone number. The league brings a lot of traffic our way, in addition I would suggest trying to start a junior program at your club (Friends of the NRA Grants can help with that), my theory on that is what kid would not love to be part of a rifle team. You can easily pick up a few new shooters for your club each year that way and of course help reproduce the next generation of shooters and leaders. The league itself is real easy going and not expensive just $6 per shooter, with weekly all-star teams, Division standings and such. I have seen my own club grow from 6 shooters to 20 in just the last 6-7 years. Some sort of completion (reason for showing up ) is a key to growth, plus if you can have a supply of extra gear for new shooters it makes it very easy to join your club. Good luck.

Peter
MikeBoy

Post by MikeBoy »

Thanks Steve! It was great meeting you and hope to see you on Thursdays. Our club continuously looks to improve its safety programs and the facility.

Peter- Thanks for the info on the National Rifle League / VT Winter Postal League. I will definitely check it out and consider that for incentive to get smallbore rifle interest back at the club. I do agree that a financial commitment helps keep the motivation to come back on a regular basis.

We did resurrect our Junior Rifle program a few years ago and have a steady flow of younger shooters. We follow the Winchester/NRA qualification program, but have yet to develop a competitive Jr. team. I am working on recruiting one parent to come back to shooting after 20 year hiatus from Collegiate shooting.

Interested Cleveland area shooters PM me for information to come out as my guest.

Mike