Styer lg 110

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

glr1

Styer lg 110

Post by glr1 »

Anybody using this air rifle?any feed back on ergonomic?wiegth of the entire rifle?any problems? Thank you
TerryKuz

Re: Styer lg 110

Post by TerryKuz »

I owned the LG100, and the Lg110. To me personally they had the worst feel of any brand I ever used. One was a field target model with increased power, and it was amazingly accurate. They have great triggers, accurate, but I absolutely did not like the feel. I think Walther Lg400, Anschutz Precise, and FWB800 are better choices. I think the LG400 shows up the most with people that invest in the sport.
Crashtacular

Post by Crashtacular »

I have done some work on a couple of LG110's. The work I did was related to field target. While I must admit that they shot very accurate, had good triggers, easy cocking, and an easy to access loading port. Unfortunately the stocks seemed very crude compared to all other top tier 10 meter rifles. Personally I feel like my Anschutz 8002(non s2), in the regular wood, ambidextrous stock, balances better, has better stock adjustments, has a better trigger, has a better "feel" because there is less plastic, and has no more "recoil" that the Steyr. The LG400 trigger is superior to the Steyr trigger, and it also gives much better stock adjustment. If this rifle was to be used strictly for 10 meter or other offhand only work, then I would stay away from the Steyr. If you want to look into silhouette or field target, then the Steyr is a good choice. My choice for 10meter would be the lg400 competition, expert, or anatomic. The basic model's adjustments are just that, basic. I shot an lg400 next to my 8002 once and it was ever so slightly superior to my 8002 in nearly every way, although not significantly.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

You don't see Steyr air rifles that much at matches, its the big 2 followed by Anschutz, Yet they dominate the pistol matches. Not sure if Steyr want to spend more money on a 10-m air rifle that is not that popular. In field target they are more popular.
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

Also Steyr is part of AHG-Anschutz company, so i think they want to keep Anschutz brand as "quality-grade", and Steyr as "budget-oriented". The opposite for pistol though.
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets