Maestro Design Pinpoint Trigger for a Hammerli AR20

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jimro

Maestro Design Pinpoint Trigger for a Hammerli AR20

Post by Jimro »

The Hammerli AR20 is a starter rifle, and as such it comes with a very basic trigger blade. The only adjustment is forward, backward, and a slight cant from side to side, and an O ring you can move up or down the blade to change how the trigger feels on your finger.

I had my stock trigger blade as far forward as I could get it, but my rather large hands meant I needed to over exaggerate the trigger finger hook, and it was neither natural nor comfortable. So I started looking for upgrades. There aren't many possible trigger upgrades, but I found this one which is targeted at the Field Target community.
https://www.maestro-design.co.uk/produc ... t-trigger/

The price was low enough that I figured, "why not?" and bought one. International shipping cost more than the actual trigger.

First impressions are that it's probably the best trigger choice for clubs using AR20s as club rifles, or people like me who are breaking into the sport much later in life. I think it is made on a 3D printer, which is why it is so inexpensive, and the cost of the trigger pad piece makes it affordable to modify one to a particular shooter if you need to, using some simple hand tools such as a vice and file.

I've shot with it twice now, and it does add another ergonomic adjustment point. I have it adjusted so that I have a much more natural trigger pull, and now I have to unlearn the trigger pull I worked hard to perfect last season because now I really do have a better trigger.

I don't think I would recommend the MD Pinpoint for anything but an AR20, as generally the triggers from Walther, FWB, or Anschutz offer the same set of adjustments. If someone lost a trigger, I think this is a good way to get the rifle back into shooting condition, especially for juniors who will grow and may need some adjustment.

Jimro