Turbo V-2 3P Rifle Experience

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

lowbid50

Turbo V-2 3P Rifle Experience

Post by lowbid50 »

My name is Nick Mowrer and I just wanted to take a minute here to share a little about my winning experience shooting the newly released Turbo V-2 3P rifle. I took this rifle to the "Firecracker", a NRA Conventional Prone Smallbore competition out at the NRA Whittington Center that's held over the 4th of July. I was able to lay my hands on a Turbo 3P rifle just days before the competition started in order to get about two hours of familiarity and zeroing. Lucky the rifle came lot tested with Eley Tenex and tuned so that when I received it, I didn't have to worry about spending precious time testing. I knew it was going to work good for me after shooting a 105.4 on the international target, decimal scored. Fast forward to match day, I lay down and its immediately apparent that this is going to be lots of fun! The first target is a 200-16x and it never let up! After the first two days I find myself with a new national record which was formally held by none other then Mike McPhail, our current Olympic Prone favorite going into these 2016 games. This rifle was on fire but on the third day, I lost one point to the wind at 100 yds. That one point would keep me from setting another national record for the grand aggregate. Lones Wigger and Mike Anti would later tell me, at the awards ceremony, that they have never seen someone dominate that match in such a way. Truly powerful words coming from those two gentlemen! I would like to say it was all me but the truth is that this rifle shot amazing! I know that I don't have the best position or hold but I also know that this rifle put bullets where I pointed them! I'm able to admit that I pointed a few outside of the X ring and those shots were tens. Aside from shooting great, this rifle really impressed me with its ergonomics. The loading port is moved rearward considerably in comparison to the 2013 Anschutz. Loading rounds were easy for me. I didn't find myself reaching forward at all. The 2013 Anschutz I have to almost break position to load because I reach so far forward. The trigger that came on the rifle is a Bix'n Andy 2 stage adjustable. This trigger felt good and allowed me to execute lots of good consistent shots. My 2013 Anschutz had a "Anschutz Precise" stock on it. This Turbo has a stock that takes all the same accessories as the anschutz precise and feels very similar in position so the transition was really quite seamless. The hardest part was to stop reaching so far forward when trying to load it. The rifle also came with an extended sight rail that allowed me to mount my Nightforce scope out far enough to have a descent position while shooting the scope.

I can't wait to do more shooting with this rifle. I think there are more records to be set! This rifle, tuned tested and Eley lot recommended was ready to go out of the box! It's sold with a Stark carbon fiber sight tube, Turbo 3 position stock and Bix'n Andy 2 stage trigger for $3975. No other company can offer anything close for such a reasonable price and quality!

Thanks Turbo for an amazing rifle!!!

Nick Mowrer
Attachments
200-18x
200-18x
200-20x
200-20x
200-20x
200-20x
Shooting the Turbo
Shooting the Turbo
Turbo rifle and Turbo stock
Turbo rifle and Turbo stock
sureshot007

Re: Turbo V-2 3P Rifle Experience

Post by sureshot007 »

How does the trigger compare to the Anschutz trigger?
lowbid50

Post by lowbid50 »

The Bix'n Andy trigger is good! The Anschutz trigger is outdated in that when the sear conection is lost and the firing pin starts to move forward... The Anschutz trigger does not completely break free. The firing pin will drag against the portion of the trigger holding the firing pin to the rear. This causes inconsistency in ignition due to firing pin drop force being slowed by dragging along that surface. When the sear connection of the Bix'n Andy is lost... The part of the trigger contacting the firing pin completely drops away allowing the firing pin to drop without interference. The Bix'n Andy also feels very crisp! It's adjustable in many of the same aspects of the Anschutz. I have mine set to 50 grams for 1st stage and 50 grams for the second stage and the trigger feels great!
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

I wonder if the Bix 'n' Andy can be fitted to an Anschutz action?
lowbid50

Post by lowbid50 »

I'm sure the Bix'n Andy could be put on an Anschutz. After all we put men on the moon. However, with the amount of resources that would be involved into replacing the Anschutz tigger and spending the $445 for the Bix'n Andy trigger itself, I think it would be more feasible to sell your Anschutz and reinvest that money into a Turbo that's much more consistent and ergonomically superior to begin with. I had two Anschutz rifles. A 2013 and a 1913. I sold both because they just we're not up to the task of winning and that was after I had put thousands of dollars into each with new custom barrels and such. That's just the truth of the matter. What Turbo is offering to the market is actually kinda impressive!

I could go more in depth with why the Bix'n Andy would not be good on the Anschutz but trust me when I say that it's kinda of an engineering and ergonomic nightmare. Not that it can't be done but more of why would you want to do it!? Any benifits would be out weighed in cost, time and most of all frustration. That again is another token towards the Turbo. It's frustration free and allows you to just perform!
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

lowbid50 wrote:I'm sure the Bix'n Andy could be put on an Anschutz...I think it would be more feasible to sell your Anschutz and reinvest that money into a Turbo
Sadly, unless Turbo get a UK agent getting one over here would be difficult, probably prohibitively difficult. It would be much simpler to buy a Bleiker barrel/action for my Bleiker-compatible stock. As Bix 'n' Andy are Austrian, I thought a trigger might be feasible, but it appears to be a special edition.
kameljock

Post by kameljock »

What Nick failed to mention was his meditation technique he employed between matches.

Good Shooting Nick.

Ron
Attachments
DSC_0025a.JPG
DSC_0025a.JPG (56.12 KiB) Viewed 4871 times
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

What is the stock and the barrel and who hung the barrel?

thanks
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

The rifle was built by Diorio Mfg. Company of Harrisonburg, VA. "Turbo" is the rim fire products line of our firearms division, this rifle is a example of the complete package builds we are offering. For additional information please visit our website and Facebook page. Should you have any questions, visit our website and submit a request form located on the "Contact Us" page of the site.

Best Regards, Anthony DiOrio

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/turboactions
sureshot007

Post by sureshot007 »

I want one in the worst way. It's not in the cards at the moment, but maybe in the spring after I get my tax return back.
lowbid50

Post by lowbid50 »

Sadly, unless Turbo get a UK agent getting one over here would be difficult, probably prohibitively difficult. It would be much simpler to buy a Bleiker barrel/action for my Bleiker-compatible stock. As Bix 'n' Andy are Austrian, I thought a trigger might be feasible, but it appears to be a special edition.[/quote]

Tim,

I talked to Turbo the other day and I asked about shipping rifles to the UK. They actually already do that and are very familiar with the process. They also have contacts there in the UK who I think would be able to talk with you about the process. If you are interested then please feel free to look them up on their website at
http://www.turboaction.net/
Use the "contact us" section.

The Turbo has had some good results in the UK also so might be good to out reach there locally also to get their personal opinions on what they have found with the Turbo.

Hope this helps,

Take care,

Nick
lowbid50

Post by lowbid50 »

[quote="gwsb"]What is the stock and the barrel and who hung the barrel?

thanks[/quote]

The stock is made by Turbo and is made especially for the 3 position shooters with the removal buttstocks that make switch over in the finals very easy and fast. The barrel is a Shilen barrel and installed by Turbo. This rifle is all American made with the exception of the trigger. Please feel free to ask more questions if you have them. I'll answer them best I can.

Take care,

Nick
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

lowbid50 wrote:
gwsb wrote:What is the stock and the barrel and who hung the barrel?

thanks
The stock is made by Turbo and is made especially for the 3 position shooters with the removal buttstocks that make switch over in the finals very easy and fast. The barrel is a Shilen barrel and installed by Turbo. This rifle is all American made with the exception of the trigger. Please feel free to ask more questions if you have them. I'll answer them best I can.

Take care,

Nick
Good Shooting Nick, whats the total weight as you've configured it and what's the balance like in standing position?
lowbid50

Post by lowbid50 »

Thanks! Weight is 5.8 kg depending on butt plate and Palm block. Balance is really good. Probably 55% front 45% back. With short tube 8" long and a 25" barrel .900 diameter. Barrel length and diameter are customizable as well.

Take care,

Nick
sureshot007

Post by sureshot007 »

I know this is going to sound like a strange request, but could you measure the length, minus tube and butt?
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

sureshot007 wrote:I know this is going to sound like a strange request, but could you measure the length, minus tube and butt?
The OAL of the rifle with a standard length barrel installed measures 36.75" (93.345CM) from the butt end of the stock (with butt plate and carrier removed) to the muzzle of the barrel. The standard barrel length is 24" (60.96CM) but the rifle can be supplied with any barrel length you desire.

Regards, Anthony DiOrio
sureshot007

Post by sureshot007 »

I was interested in the length with the entire butt assembly removed (the carrier, and cheek piece).
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

sureshot007 wrote:I was interested in the length with the entire butt assembly removed (the carrier, and cheek piece).
The OAL length with the rear portion removed is 32.75" (83.185CM), sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards, Anthony DiOrio
markgrabowski

Post by markgrabowski »

lowbid50 wrote:My name is Nick Mowrer and I just wanted to take a minute here to share a little about my winning experience shooting the newly released Turbo V-2 3P rifle. I took this rifle to the "Firecracker", a NRA Conventional Prone Smallbore competition out at the NRA Whittington Center that's held over the 4th of July. I was able to lay my hands on a Turbo 3P rifle just days before the competition started in order to get about two hours of familiarity and zeroing. Lucky the rifle came lot tested with Eley Tenex and tuned so that when I received it, I didn't have to worry about spending precious time testing. I knew it was going to work good for me after shooting a 105.4 on the international target, decimal scored. Fast forward to match day, I lay down and its immediately apparent that this is going to be lots of fun! The first target is a 200-16x and it never let up! After the first two days I find myself with a new national record which was formally held by none other then Mike McPhail, our current Olympic Prone favorite going into these 2016 games. This rifle was on fire but on the third day, I lost one point to the wind at 100 yds. That one point would keep me from setting another national record for the grand aggregate. Lones Wigger and Mike Anti would later tell me, at the awards ceremony, that they have never seen someone dominate that match in such a way. Truly powerful words coming from those two gentlemen! I would like to say it was all me but the truth is that this rifle shot amazing! I know that I don't have the best position or hold but I also know that this rifle put bullets where I pointed them! I'm able to admit that I pointed a few outside of the X ring and those shots were tens. Aside from shooting great, this rifle really impressed me with its ergonomics. The loading port is moved rearward considerably in comparison to the 2013 Anschutz. Loading rounds were easy for me. I didn't find myself reaching forward at all. The 2013 Anschutz I have to almost break position to load because I reach so far forward. The trigger that came on the rifle is a Bix'n Andy 2 stage adjustable. This trigger felt good and allowed me to execute lots of good consistent shots. My 2013 Anschutz had a "Anschutz Precise" stock on it. This Turbo has a stock that takes all the same accessories as the anschutz precise and feels very similar in position so the transition was really quite seamless. The hardest part was to stop reaching so far forward when trying to load it. The rifle also came with an extended sight rail that allowed me to mount my Nightforce scope out far enough to have a descent position while shooting the scope.

I can't wait to do more shooting with this rifle. I think there are more records to be set! This rifle, tuned tested and Eley lot recommended was ready to go out of the box! It's sold with a Stark carbon fiber sight tube, Turbo 3 position stock and Bix'n Andy 2 stage trigger for $3975. No other company can offer anything close for such a reasonable price and quality!

Thanks Turbo for an amazing rifle!!!

Nick Mowrer
Nick, I'm not sure if you can answer this but how would you compare port location relative to, say a Walther kk300 or kk500?
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Here is a link to some videos of the Turbo being shot in each position for your reference.

https://twitter.com/TomCsenge10/status/ ... 5767225345

Best Regards, Anthony DiOrio