Niccolo Campriani Wins GOLD with a NON-HOODED Front Sight?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DFWdude

Niccolo Campriani Wins GOLD with a NON-HOODED Front Sight?

Post by DFWdude »

For many years (decades), I have wondered what it would be like to shoot a 10m Air Rifle with a NON-Hooded front sight. Today, I watched Niccolo Campriani (ITA) win the Olympic Gold in 10m with a non-hooded front sight. A much larger diameter front lens, too.

I'm sure it made no difference, as he shot brilliantly, advancing from 5th at the start of the finals to first place. Excellent match.

He was the only shooter with this feature, so it makes me ask some questions...

1) Is this a custom-made front sight, or is it available commercially?
2) If available commercially, what is it called, what brand, and where can it be acquired?
3) (Unrelated) What rifle was he shooting?
Attachments
Niccolo-Camparini2016a.jpg
Niccolo-Camparini2016b.jpg
dezzick3

Re: Niccolo Campriani Wins GOLD with a NON-HOODED Front Sigh

Post by dezzick3 »

1&2) Valerian Sauveplane used a similar, if not identical sight, when he won the 3P at the European Games, this is a similar product from Centra http://www.centra-visier.de/en/products ... ystal-fly/ Others might know where the exact product comes from!
3) It's a Pardini air rifle, a rifle Campriani helped develop and is used by quite a few good shooters now!
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

When Sauveplane's foresight was discusssed last year, post-Baku, this site as given as the source: http://www.kornoptikadlerauge.de/index. ... top-a50-en
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

I see the plastic elements have cant lines, According to one article, I read, this system is also helpful to shooters who's eye sight is not perfect.
Can you use M-18 and M-22 elements or only those elements supplied?

Its interesting to note that in the Ladies air rifle final. virtually all rifles were Feinwerkbau, in the men's final apart from Niccolo Campriani with the Pardini, most were Walther