Precision Air rifle (fore end rail for 3PAR)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

NC_rifle

Precision Air rifle (fore end rail for 3PAR)

Post by NC_rifle »

Do any of the various stock configurations for either the Anschutz 9015 or Walther LG400 include a for end rail for 3P?

Looked on a lot of websites, and none had the info. If none of the ALU models have it, sounds like only option would be the wood stock and modify to accept a rail.

Thought someone might know who has one. Otherwise I will call one of the stores...

Thanks
Andre

Re: Precision Air rifle (fore end rail for 3PAR)

Post by Andre »

LG400 has a rail, and I believe the new anschutz has a rail on the hand block. A shooter next to me at the 2016 American Legion National Championships had a 9013, but I do not know if it had a rail under the block, or if it is held on another way. I believe she made mention of it being not the best rifle for 3p, and more suited for International air matches.
NC_rifle

Post by NC_rifle »

Thanks for the info. Right on about the LG400.

I double checked on the Walther site
http://carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang=en&c ... &subsub=12
and all of the LG400 descriptions (Economy, Competition and Expert) include "T-Rail". Also when looking at the accessories they show both an available hand-stop and how the fore-end riser uses the rail.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I'd also like the mention I did some more research on the 9015, and it seems I was partially wrong.

The 9015 "One" has a rail only on the hand block, but the rest of the models seem to have them down the entire length of the fore end.
CYS97

Post by CYS97 »

All Anschutz aluminum stocks (8002 9003) and precise stocks (9003 9015)have a t-slot rail under the front of the stock. To access the t-slot, you must remove the forend block. Once you remove the forend block, you can attach your sling swivle. I would also recommend checking out 10.9 and looking at their 3par forend for aluminum stocks, basically the forend helps to give the stock more depth (similar to that of a tapered wooden stock). The 9015 ONE has a very small T-slot under the forend. I believe that MEC is making a 3par rail adapter for the 9015 ONE stock. There is a photo of one on their Instagram, however I am not sure when they plan to release this product.

Also, be careful when purchasing a wood stock for 3par. A friend of mines purchased an Anschutz 8002k1 with a rubberized wooden stock only to find that the t-slot rail did not go back deep enough for him to properly get in to prone. Basically the the rail ended at the mid section of the stock that is under the air cylinder. Most European rifles have the t-slots to accommodate for bench rest or standing shooting, they aren't really optimized for 3 position competitions.

Link for 3par rail: http://www.mec-shot.de/en/productnews/a ... ution-3-p/
Link for the 10.9 forend block: http://www.10pt9.com/Rifle-Accessories/ ... -p479.html

Speeking from 4 years of 3par shooting, I would look for a rifle that uses a downward cocking lever. I used an Anschutz 8002 alu, the rifle shot fine however manipulating the side opening cocking lever was very difficult while I was in prone. I also used a Feinwerkbau 500, I preferred the vertical style of cocking lever on this rifle over the side opening style featured on the 8002. I never had the opportunity to use a LG400 however I would assume that it would load similarly to the Feinwerkbau (because of the lever).
Last edited by CYS97 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NC_rifle

Post by NC_rifle »

Appreciate the info and especially the links. Really helpful!

After a long break from competitive Smallbore shooting, I just started dry firing with my 2002 CA at home, and will be sending it off to Elite Shooting Sports for service later this month - so I can live fire.

Then I can search out some 60 shot OH matches (none around NC). I would like to try 3 PAR (again the challenge will be finding matches).
CYS97

Post by CYS97 »

Edit to my comment about there not being a T-slot under the ONE stock forend. After watching the video Anschutz did about the ONE (video done in German), I realize that the stock actually has a small T-slot under the linkage system. While this t-slot does allow for a hand stop to be attached to the rifle, it is very small. It's best use would probably be for a bipod. I should have also read Andre's post. Apologies for any confusion my previous statement caused.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Also note on the ONE stock that the WHOLE linkage system slides back and forth on the carbon tube that surrounds the air cylinder.

So the small "rail" on the bottom of the handrest linkage IS INDEED used for the handstop in 3P. You will have to trim a bipod base a touch to get it to fit that slot .... not hard. I thought I had taken a pic of the mod, but can't find it. At the next practice, I'll try and remember to take one.

The shooter next to Andre at the Legion match was probably my shooter ... and she's right, probably not the best stock for 3-P, but she is concentrating on Intl Air and only doing 3-P at local matches. Her 3-P training comes at smallbore practices.
Ranb

Post by Ranb »

I need a riser (raiser?) block for shooting in the offhand position for one of my kids shooting an 8001. The rifle palm rest he wanted to use does not conform to ISSF rules.

Would something like this fit? Would it slide back farther to be of use in offhand or is it intended for shooting from a rest on the bench? I could modified it to ensure it meets the 120 mm height requirement. http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... &item=1006

Thanks. Ranb