FWB P70 Jr. front sight extension

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

45ACP223

FWB P70 Jr. front sight extension

Post by 45ACP223 »

Looking to extend the front sight distance on my P70 Jr. to that of a full size rifle. I see two different models listed at 10.9 and CenterShotSports. Does anyone have any experience or input on these two models, or know of other options?

Tec-Hro Tune: More expensive but I like the way this one mounts, uses the existing rifle sight channel to keep everything inline.

http://www.10pt9.com/Rifle-Accessories/ ... -p236.html

MEC Tune XL: Less expensive, looks like it will take some fiddling to align the front sight to the rear sight since it just slips over the barrel and is held on with set screw tension (doesn't mate with the existing sight channel to ensure perfect alignment). But does come with weights and can add as much as 200g to the front, which I could use some extra weight.

http://www.centershot.com/mec_extensions.htm
ZD

Re: FWB P70 Jr. front sight extension

Post by ZD »

From my experience, those two are your main options. My team ended up purchasing both the MEC air rifle extension tube and the Tec Hro extension tubes. I ended up putting the Tec Hro on mine. I did like it better than our MEC ones; partially due to the sight rail which helps line it up and also because I felt it offered a more secure fit. Having said that, the MEC tubes do work just fine; rotating them to line up is pretty easy. You simply estimate the rotation, and then continue to adjust it until your rifle is hitting in the center horizontally, assuming your rifle is sights in before you add the tube. If you know what you are doing and have someone to help, it doesn't take too long. I'm not a huge fan of adding extra front weight, bear in mind your tube will feel heavier on your rifle than it actually is due the weight being farther out on the rifle. My dissertation aside, I like the TEC Hro better, I didn't like messing with the three screws on the MEC that push into the rifle barrel. If you want to save money, the MEC will work just fine, people have been using them for years. If money isn't an issue I would reccomend the TEC Hro.

-Zach
45ACP223

Re: FWB P70 Jr. front sight extension

Post by 45ACP223 »

Thanks Zach for the info. I appreciate it.