SCATT MX-02 Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RED RAIDER

SCATT MX-02 Question

Post by RED RAIDER »

I looking to buy Scatt. I have watched several videos of the MX-02. It seems in all the videos the shooter has the cord attached to the sensor on the rifle. Is the MX-02 not wireless? If it is not a wireless device then other than the live fire aspect, I do not see an advantage over the WS1. Please advise.
Thanks
David Levene

Re: SCATT MX-02 Question

Post by David Levene »

The MX-02 is not wireless.

The biggest advantage it has over the other versions is that you just fire at a normal target. No special unit is required at the target end.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

David Levene wrote:The MX-02 is not wireless.

The biggest advantage it has over the other versions is that you just fire at a normal target. No special unit is required at the target end.
Its wireless in that there is no wire to a target mount. But yes, it needs to be wired from the barrel attachment (camera unit) and the PC.

The one thing I found was getting the camera pointing at he target. The adjust optical sensor mode has a video preview mode so you can see if the camera is properly aligned or not. Once aligned its fine.

The target has to be a single bullseye target. If you have a multi-bullseye target it confuses the software.
Joost99

Post by Joost99 »

I struggled with lighting when using my MX-02 indoors - low energy/fluorescent and LED caused flicker and calibration problems for the camera. In the end I bought a powerful halogen workshop light on a stand , put it in front of the printed out target and turned the other house lights off.

Then it worked fine! Worth considering the setup though if you plan to use it indoors..

Justin
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

Joost99 wrote:I struggled with lighting when using my MX-02 indoors - low energy/fluorescent and LED caused flicker and calibration problems for the camera. In the end I bought a powerful halogen workshop light on a stand , put it in front of the printed out target and turned the other house lights off.

Then it worked fine! Worth considering the setup though if you plan to use it indoors..

Justin
Justin
I agree, I had problems the last time I used my MX-02 at our indoor range which uses fluorescent lights . It had worked fine at home with a 18W LED lamp. But obviously there was some flicker from the fluorescent lights at the range. Both targets measured at about 1700 lux so it wasn't the actual light levels, just problems from a flickering fluorescent light. I just replaced the fluoro tubes and it came right.

I have seen very "jagged" traces when using the MX-02 in strong sunlight at 50m too.

Occasionally these more difficult conditions trip it up but overall it works very well 99.9% of the time.
Cheers
Martin
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Martin H wrote:I have seen very "jagged" traces when using the MX-02 in strong sunlight at 50m too.
Martin, have you tried the little plastic insert that screws in the front of the sensor/camera?
Here that has sorted that problem on very bright days.

K.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

KennyB wrote: Martin, have you tried the little plastic insert that screws in the front of the sensor/camera?
Here that has sorted that problem on very bright days.

K.
Hi Ken
No, I hadn't. Now on my "to do" list
Thanks
Martin