Walther LG400 air rifles. Pros and Cons?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Levi Bergren

Walther LG400 air rifles. Pros and Cons?

Post by Levi Bergren »

Are the Walther LG400 Alutec Economy, LG400 Alutec Expert, LG400 Alum Competition, & LG400 Anatomic Expert precision air rifles any good??
Andre

Re: Walther LG400 air rifles. Pros and Cons?

Post by Andre »

Although not my personal preference, without a doubt a LG400 competition model was the most accurate I ever pellet tested in my basement. They are very good rifles.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have owned plenty match rifles, and the Walther Expert is my favorite. Great trigger, great consistency, great ergonomics. Only con I can think of is different screw sizes everywhere. They could have standardized screws. Not a big deal.
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

TerryKuz wrote:Only con I can think of is different screw sizes everywhere. They could have standardized screws. Not a big deal.
That is certainly slightly irritating, but in fairness to the folks at Walther they ship an allen key set with the rifle that includes all the sizes you need.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

How about the Anschutz 800x comp air rifle? How is that compared to these Walthers?
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

I think you mean Feinwerkbau 800x. Regardless of manufacturer, all of these are top of the line 10 meter air rifles (FWB, Walther, Anschutz, Steyr). All of the rifles are all capable of holding the 10 ring if you do your part.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Okay. Sorry about the name mix up. I did mean the FWB. Might there be any pros and cons?
Chris.Will.10.9

Post by Chris.Will.10.9 »

I've shot the walther lg400 competition model for 2 years now and it's been great. The different screw sizes are annoying but it's not such a bad thing. Love the trigger and buttplate. The expert model is more adjustable in the stock and if you need that extra adjustment then it's better, but I didn't need it so I didn't pay more for it. My girlfriend shoots a Fwb 800x and she adores that rifle. Super adjustable, well balanced, etc... I have never heard good things about the Fwb 800 model though. So 800x > 800.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Does anybody know anything about the Anschutz 2002? Any pros and/or cons?
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Its interesting to note in the Olympic air rifle finals, Women's final, nearly all FWB rifles but most were the 700 which eventually got gold, In the men's final, most rifles were Walthers with the exception of Rocco Campriani who won gold with his Pardini.

Pete
JC Hayes

Post by JC Hayes »

I just purchased the LG400 Competition.
Cocking effort is very light.
Loading pellets are easy for old fat fingers.
Cylinders are rated for up to 300 bar, vice 200 bar. You can't over fill the cylinder with a standard scuba tank at 3500 psi.
The insight out rear sight is supposed to be the cat's meow. Jury still out on that.
I like the ability to move front sight tunnel forward and back several inches.
This seems to allow the appearance of the front iris size to be adjusted to your perfect sight picture.
Overall, I am very impressed with the rifle.
I will know more after a few thousand pellets.
I previously owned an FWB800U.
It was also a winner, but the LG400 seems to have a better fit, feel and balance.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

This is all really great guys, but i found a different rifle that seems to be better. what do you guys think of the Anschutz 1913? As usual, Pros, cons?
robruger1

Post by robruger1 »

Levi Bergren wrote:This is all really great guys, but i found a different rifle that seems to be better. what do you guys think of the Anschutz 1913? As usual, Pros, cons?

It's not an air rifle.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

Levi Bergren wrote:Does anybody know anything about the Anschutz 2002? Any pros and/or cons?
No dry fire, and the 8002/9003 trigger is much better. I guess the shot count is a tad lower, but that does not matter. The aluminum stocks and the wood stocks both seem to break at the wrist. I did shoot a 2002CA ALUminum for years and it was very good, the dry fire was the reason I got a 9003.
I am sold on the Walther LG400 now, but they are all not a limiting factor.
JC Hayes

Post by JC Hayes »

I previously discussed the LG400 I recently purchased.
No negatives.
I was apprehensive about the insight Out sights.
They are the best sights I have used.
Walther LG400 is top of the line.