Moving Diopter and Front tunnel sideways

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

FabioRifleRio

Moving Diopter and Front tunnel sideways

Post by FabioRifleRio »

Hello,

Do you fellow shooters have inputs about shooting in Standing position with the Diopter and Front Tunnel moved sideways to improve one's head position and general balance?

I mean using the same eye side of one's hand using this kind of raiser block:

Or no matter happens we need to let the sights exactly on barrel vertical axis?
Shooterer

Re: Moving Diopter and Front tunnel sideways

Post by Shooterer »

GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I have an off-set riser for one of my rifles.
It reduces the amount that I have to cant the rifle over to the left, since I shoot with an upright head, rather than leaning my head to the right, over an upright rifle.

I'm still waiting to put an off-set riser on my other rifle.
CYS97

Post by CYS97 »

I use the MEC offset track risers on my air rifle. I purchased the item with the intention of reducing my cant angle. The track risers did help reduce my need to cant, however I found that having the weight of the rifle positioned further away from my center of gravity had a negative effect on my balance. I still use the product although I have only offset the riser under my rear sight, this is to allow the rear sight to be centered as oppose to being positioned further to the left or right. If you do intend to purchase this product, keep in mind your center of gravity and the lateral adjustability of your cheek and buttplate as these will also need to be adjusted to allow you to correctly use the product.