Walther KK500

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Modena

Re: Walther KK500

Post by Modena »

deboom_j wrote:
Modena wrote: What I wanted to ask is, what is Walther's thinking behind dropping the KK300 range (small bore) so that now you offer the KK500 variants and the KK300 Blacktec only? This seems to me to be a huge price gap as Walther has completely removed the mid-market rifle that I would call the KK300 Alutec.
When Toyota comes out with a new model of Camry, they don't keep making the old one do they? Why would firearms be any different?

John
If the KK300 is a Camry, the KK500 is a Toyota 86. Anyway I have ordered a rifle, will make a new post of what it is when it arrives.
imac

Post by imac »

A 86 Toyota??????? Well I think you'll be absolutely wrapped when your KK500 arrives in fact I'll hazard a guess that the 86 Toyota will transform into Luxus LFA.
let us put this into perspective Walther have probably sold upwards of 500 of these new rifles and one has a trigger playing up and mine had some misfires (which is now well under control) That's about 0.004% I would guess any manufacturing company would be VERY HAPPY with a result like that from a new release product. Wind the clock back a few years when people first started shooting Anschutz 64s or whatever it was from the BSA the Internet wasn't around so any problems were dealt with locally and without fanfare, but there would have been problems just nobody heard about them.
I absolutely love my kk500, I've shot personal bests 4 x in the short time I've had her, would I go back to my 1913 , not a chance.

Imac
Stumpy1

Post by Stumpy1 »

NOT 86 Toyota, but Toyota 86...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_86

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _300km.jpg

Slightly different :-)

Frank
imac

Post by imac »

Yes Toyota 86 !!! you're right quite different from an 86 Toyota
Modena

Post by Modena »

imac wrote:A 86 Toyota??????? Well I think you'll be absolutely wrapped when your KK500 arrives in fact I'll hazard a guess that the 86 Toyota will transform into Luxus LFA.
I did not buy a KK500
svensta

Post by svensta »

I joined the KK500 gang today;-) . Will only get to shoot it in about 2 weeks.
mblatchly

Post by mblatchly »

As I started this thread on the KK500 thought I'd report that my KK500 with the replacement trigger is working just fine! However what is making the real difference to my shooting is the complete adjustability. Just being able to move the pistol grip back 1cm made such a difference, purchasing extension arms to fit my long arms has allowed me to tweak again my position. I can make the gun fit me not trying to make my body fit the gun! Compared to my old (but reliable) Match 54 it feels like a very different game now! Just returned from a training 2 days at Bisley, the comment from two club members was that I look 'very comfortable' now. Happy days! I also batch tested at Ely in Birmingham, with certain batches of Tennex the barrel was achieving 13 - 15mm grouping at 50m...

Certainly the most expensive gun I have ever purchased and with batch tested Tennex running costs have gone up but the difference is noticeable....
cjmarrio

Post by cjmarrio »

I'm almost certain I'm going to purchase a new kk500.
Would you be able to confirm exactly what size groups you got when you batch tested? And how many batches you tested.

It sounds sad, but I'd be very interested to see the batch test printouts to compare them to mine from Lapua for my match 54...If nothing else just to help me justify spending that much on a new rifle.

Thanks
Modena

Post by Modena »

If you want to see a kk500 grouping then watch any recent issf 50m prone on youtube
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

because I feel cheeky today....I checked the ISSF finals for the Olympics but all I saw in mens prone were Bleikers and one lone KK300 that won (congrats to Henri!)...3x40 no walthers made the cut....just throwing that out there. With that said if anyone tells you the KK500 or Bleiker is a miracle gun that shoots awesome groups, theres probably more kudos to the barrel manufacturer and lot testing than the gun manufacturer. The best thing the Bleiker and KK500 is the adjust loading port to minimize loading movement. I think theres a few on the board that might say the Turbo is the next great thing as well...
svensta

Post by svensta »

What you seem to miss is how well it's performed this year considering the short time it has been on the market.
I can recall of no other rifle winning world cup competitions having been on the market for less than 6 months.
Besides most top shooters stick with their rifles for more than a month (at least) before deciding it's no longer cool enough ;-p
After all Henri Junghänel is credited with helping in it's development and leading up to the Olympics most competitors
probably thought that the best thing possible was to buy, fit, test, batch test and shoot world class scores with a brand new KK500
because thats how top class competitors roll NOT!

As for "....theres probably more kudos to the barrel manufacturer and lot testing than the gun manufacturer".
Geez, That must be it. Those manufacturers who do all that R&D are really just having a piggy back ride on top
of all barrel manufacturers and lot testers. What a bunch of opportunistic snakes with the nerve to put their
brand on what they sell and claiming credit for it. How will society cope?
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

Agree on that the adjust loading port closer to shooter, and much shorter bolt, to "minimize" loading movement. The port is much futher back than the KK300. There are also a few improvements on the adjustablility of the stock (also cheek piece and butt plate), trigger mechanism, the balance of the rifle and etc, over the KK300.
We have just received our KK500 yesterday. We have yet had a chance to live fire the rifle, but so far my son loves the looks, the feel (in positions) and how it is so easy to make adjustment.
He will try it at the range this weekend.
mblatchly

Post by mblatchly »

As requested - and sorry about delay - images of batch testing for my kk500 tested with Tennex on 13th June 2016. Worth commenting that I joined my local RFD for the batch test and helped him test his 'in stock' Alutec's and Anatomics which he planed to sell with batch test results and 500 of the best batch. The results were just as good as the KK500 and actually a KK300 was actually slightly better than my 500. Great barrels whatever the model!

For me purchase was dictated by managing a dodgy neck post surgery. After a week at the nationals at Bisley shooting upto 7 details a day my neck survived remarkably well and I'm sure in a much better state than my old Anshultz would have left it.
Attachments
kk500 batch page 3.pdf
(511.65 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
kk500 batch page 2.pdf
(246.06 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
kk500 batch page 1.pdf
(275.29 KiB) Downloaded 372 times