Walther LG400 pellet recommendations

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

robruger1

Walther LG400 pellet recommendations

Post by robruger1 »

I will be getting my daughters air rifle tested at Winter Air but am looking for recommendations for pellets to use until then. It doesn't seem to like the R-10 or Meisterkugelns the junior club has.
bdutton

Re: Walther LG400 pellet recommendations

Post by bdutton »

robruger1 wrote:I will be getting my daughters air rifle tested at Winter Air but am looking for recommendations for pellets to use until then. It doesn't seem to like the R-10 or Meisterkugelns the junior club has.
Podium Pellets have a selection of great pellets.

https://podiumpellets.com/jsb-pellets.html

They will probably be the ones doing the testing. My daughter's rifle had good results with the R10's.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Good stuff at Podium, but you can buy the lovingly handcrafted Vogels made by our host, too.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

10.9 is another good source to get pellets for testing. There are advantages to doing it yourself
gspell68

Post by gspell68 »

When your daughter shoots her old rifle, it looks like she only averages about 0.2 points higher per 10 shots than Lucas Kozeniesky (the top 2016 USA male Olympian) managed to shoot at the Dixie Double earlier this month!!!

If she's not averaging 10.9 points per shot now, I think you should send that Super-Duper Walther LG4000+ Electrical Anatomical Blue Angel Space Rifle thingee to me and put your daughter back on her old, crusty, plastic stock Anschutz 8002!!!
Scott Pell
gspell68@gmail.com
Augusta, Georgia
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

robruger1 wrote:I will be getting my daughters air rifle tested at Winter Air but am looking for recommendations for pellets to use until then. It doesn't seem to like the R-10 or Meisterkugelns the junior club has.
I used to think my rifle didn't like R10 until I tried others and discovered it was me the rifle didn't like.
Until you have tried others in a fixed rig you wont know if it is the pellets. However I would add JSB midle weight (Yellow) as a clean non lubed pellet to try. Try different weights as well as makes. JSB come in light and heavy too
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't ask for recommendations from people who have no idea of the "right" answer.

Get a bunch and test 'em yourself. Remember that only lot numbers, not size, not weight, not brand, matter.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Vogels are an excellent choice.

Chip
spektr

Re: Walther LG400 pellet recommendation

Post by spektr »

When you try Vogels, do include their Orange pellets. i dont understand why, but my 777 absolutely loves them.....
l_flake

Post by l_flake »

Just had my daughter's LG400 tested with Podium last weekend and managed to find two lots with 5.6 and 5.7mm diameter for 10 shots each. Ended up being some of the Chinese Red box pellets. She still shoots the R10s and Vogels for practice.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I just got this from Podium:

Sign-up for Services with Podium at Winter Airgun! Katy Emmons now Coaching for Podium!
View this email in your browser
Sign-up for Podium Services

Sign-up for Services with Podium LLC!
Pellet Testing, coaching and gunsmithing is available at USA Shooting's Winter Airgun Event through Podium LLC.

Sign-up for Pellet Testing, coaching and any of our services at the below link:

https://podiumpellets.com/schedule-ammunition-testing
Pellet Test your rifle and find the best pellets for your gun!
In Person Coaching from: Olympic Gold Medalist KATY EMMONS is now available in person and remotely! Spots are limited!
Coaching from Lisette Grunwell and Troy Bassham are available onsite and for clinics, events, and consulting.
SCATT Analysis from Rick Marsh is an in person coaching event where you shoot your gun with a SCATT and then learn how to interpret, read and apply drills and techniques to improve your shooting.
We are also hosting a FREE "Podium Performance Clinic" and is free of charge, but is limited to room capacity. More details at the event, but Katy Emmons will discuss shooting tactics, Troy Bassham will discuss Mental Management, and Rick Marsh will discuss making the most from your SCATT.
Gunsmithing services available for Feinwerkbau, Anschutz, and Walther Airguns!
If you are attending Winter Airgun for air rifle or air pistol and would like to have your airgun tested for the pellets that group the best from that gun, please contact Podium or sign-up now! We are offering pellet testing services, in person coaching, a free "Podium Performance Clinic" featuring Katy Emmons, Troy Bassham and Rick Marsh. It will be a special event. See details onsite and at event registration!

We are also offering gunsmithing services. Simply visit our website below to schedule your appointment or you can stop by our booth and schedule a time. We are offering pellets from JSB, RWS, Qiang Yuan, more!

Click here to visit our website: http://www.podiumpellets.com
Click here to schedule a testing appointment: https://podiumpellets.com/schedule-ammunition-testing

Bulk Purchases and club pellets are also available!

Call us at (719) 354-2555 or via email at sales@podiumpellets.com 

Copyright © *|2015|* *|Podium Pellets LLC|*, All rights reserved.
You've done business with us or a coach, club or athlete attended a shooting event.

Our mailing address is:
Podium Pellets LLC
3107 W. Colorado Ave #301
Colorado Springs, CO 80904

Interesting, but in my testing the Chinese pellets didn't do very well. As a matter of fact, they were badly beaten by a choice lot of RWS Basic.