Tec-hro Fanatic experience?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

massrog

Tec-hro Fanatic experience?

Post by massrog »

I was wondering if anyone here has or knows anyone with experience with the "Fanatic" stock. It seems to be very adjustable and my daughter is very petite so I was wondering if it is getting any use in 3P?
Thanks as usual!
Roger
Tim S

Re: Tec-hro Fanatic experience?

Post by Tim S »

A club mate has one. While it was a big improvement over his Match 64, I'm not impressed. Some features are useful, like the QD butt for 3-P, but there are little niggles. The bolts and screws seem to strip easily, especially on the buttplate so you can't torque it down. The front butt joint doesn't mate properly, and had to be shimmed to prevent a wobble. Finally the bedding adaptor takes three screws, one is a 3mm head, and stripped.

That said, his average has improved.

To me at least the balance feels like a FWB, due to the narrow fore-end.
casadehusker

Post by casadehusker »

Hello,

I own one of these stocks and shot it last season.

Short answer .....good stock. Best out there...no. Good Stock...yes.

Longer answer.

I have had no issues with it. Good fit and finish. Put a 54.30 action in it....no issues. The folks stripping screws may need to remember it is a 22lr, how much torque are you using. I've had no issues, but you can always spend $2 and replace all of them with the hardened ones.

The cheek piece is not the most adjustable on the market, I had to flip the underneath adjustment part over to get my eye in proper alignment with the rear sight.

I only shoot prone to the removable rear section is not a must for me, but very nice for cleaning and safe storage.

I was doing a job in Germany when I picked this up, so not paying VAT and so on I paid less than $1000 USD for this. Good price compared to any other I am aware of on the market.

This stock IS NOT A G&E..........but it did what I asked of it. I recently picked up a G&E over in Germany while on another job....again no VAT and beats any price in America by a long way.

I will now be using the G&E for my SB gun and making a new cradle for the Fanatic and putting a Stiller action in it for my 6BRX 1000 yard gun. Win win for me.

My 2cents
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

casadehusker wrote:The folks stripping screws may need to remember it is a 22lr, how much torque are you using. I've had no issues, but you can always spend $2 and replace all of them with the hardened ones.
To be fair to my clubman, he bought the stock used complete with a barrel/action. The previous owner had over tightened the screw. The issue was that two bedding screws are the same size, an M6 or M6fine, the third is smaller. Why mix sizes in an area that many shooters crank down on?

The screw thread proper was fine, it was the head itself that started to strip, after twisting good US made Allen keys.
kyh

Post by kyh »

Hi:

I have the stock. I have anschutz 2013 barrel action on the stock. I did not like the original hand grip, it is copy of anschutz grip in wood. So I put a FWB 800 grip on it. Had to modified the grip. Did not like the original cheek rest, so I modified and put the tec hro NJ cabon cheek piece assembly on it. Had to tap two screws holes. It works out for me. According to tec hro, it is not suppose to fit the fanatic stock......let me know if you want to see the picture.