TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:42 pm 

Hi all, I am interested in buying a used 10m PCP match rifle and I wanted to know what's the average cost of a used one like a styer lg110? I want to get into bench rest air rifle shooting and field target as well. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:16 pm 

A 10 metre air rifle at about 5 ft lb energy rould need tuning up to more like 12 ft lb to be anywhere near good enough for FT. That may involve new hammer springs or even a new regulator. Factor that cost in.
Why not buy a used FT rifle instead?

see also viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55898

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 pm 

TenMetrePeter wrote:
A 10 metre air rifle at about 5 ft lb energy rould need tuning up to more like 12 ft lb to be anywhere near good enough for FT. That may involve new hammer springs or even a new regulator. Factor that cost in.

see also http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55898

Ready built ones cost as much as $2500. I just thought it would be a simple thing to jack up the power.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:42 am 

CR2008 wrote:
TenMetrePeter wrote:

see also viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55898

Ready built ones cost as much as $2500. I just thought it would be a simple thing to jack up the power.

You can always ask Steyr what the difference is . If it's just the hammer spring it's not so bad.
Pricing of 10m match and FT rifles is not so different and I would only consider conversion to FT if I was changing disciplines or if I was gifted a match rifle to convert.

Something like an Air Arms S400 has all the power and an accurate Lothar Walther barrel and adding just a hamster and big sidewheel scope is what makes it for FT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:08 pm 

Assuming you're a beginner, I'd recommend you buy either a Crosman Marauder and a hand pump or a Air Airms TX200 for field target, depending on whether you want to shoot a PCP or spring gun. Once you start placing in the top ten regularly in matches, you can start thinking about getting a nice $2500 gun. The new Marauder has a built in regulator and should make a good entry level benchest gun, too, especially if you put it in one of the new Boyd stocks.