Now that's what I call an air rifle range!

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Sparks

Now that's what I call an air rifle range!

Post by Sparks »

Oh, for the money to build one of these...
And that's just for the Junior ROTC, at that.

And it's not just for normal ISSF air rifle, but for three-position air rifle as well, because they mounted the targets on powered elevators with a switch at the firing point so you can set it up for whatever position without having to stop the other 17 people from training.

And even for the spectators, who can watch from outside the window (and thus are safe from any accidental discharges), there's a monitor to watch little Jimmy's score coming up on the target. See, that is how to get people interested...

Anyone happen to know what the final bill came to? Feeling very envious over here in Ireland at this :D
TWP

Post by TWP »

Looks sweet,

At the end of the article it says:

"Anyone interested in electronic targets or other international style range equipment should contact Martin Edmondson at medmondson@adelphia.net or call 719-351-1135 (mobile)."

I'd send him an e-mail and ask what it cost.

Post by Guest »

Yah, too bad they can't use it now (see thread about "accidental" shooting at JROTC). talk about wasting taxpayers money.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Anonymous wrote:Yah, too bad they can't use it now (see thread about "accidental" shooting at JROTC). talk about wasting taxpayers money.
Isn't it just the smallbore JROTC shooting that's been suspended?
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

It is my understanding that all Army JROTC shooting (air and smallbore) has been suspended pending further investigation. I also saw one note that indicated that Army senior (college) ROTC may have also been suspended. Does anyone have definitive information on either of these situations?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I know someone who asked Martin and he said it was about $90,000
ghillieman

range

Post by ghillieman »

Beautiful
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

What a range!!!! We need one in every school!!!

Does anyone know if the room this range is in is used exclusively for air gun shooting or is it a "multi-purpose" room? If it is an exclusive use room how was the local school board convinced to dedicate this much building space to a shooting program? [Note: I ask this from the vantage point of a coach who lost a college range because "the space could be better used for academic endeavors", in this case the storage of rock specimens for the Environmental Science Dept.]
Spencer C

Post by Spencer C »

PaulB wrote:What a range!!!! We need one in every school!!!

Does anyone know if the room this range is in is used exclusively for air gun shooting or is it a "multi-purpose" room? If it is an exclusive use room how was the local school board convinced to dedicate this much building space to a shooting program? [Note: I ask this from the vantage point of a coach who lost a college range because "the space could be better used for academic endeavors", in this case the storage of rock specimens for the Environmental Science Dept.]
When looking for a potential site for a 10m range, never forget to look UP. For rooms with high ceilings there is sometimes 'unused' space above the main floorspace usage that can be utilised with a mezzanine for the firing bays