Sporter Class Slings

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

JPM

Sporter Class Slings

Post by JPM »

For you leaders looking for a good leather sling which meets the rules for "sporter" class of shooting. Try Lee McKinney at: xcount@dakotacom.net

He makes a nice sling for $15. It is basic leather with two buckles.

I think he may make slings for precision also.

Jim - A happy customer of Lee's.
JPOC

Sporter Slings

Post by JPOC »

For sporter slings, also check out www.gunsnot.com since they have a really nice sling for sporter - called Sling Snot 2000. Easy to use, doesn't slip or stretch, great design.

Also, check out their lube products. If you haven't handled a gun with their lube on it, you don't know what you are missing. Ask Matt Emmons, high power shooters, and some of the kids I know who shoot Anschutz air and smallbore rifles. They all rave over the smoothness of the trigger and action.
Atlanta Guest

Leather Slings stretch

Post by Atlanta Guest »

I'm an old HighPower shooter and have more time "in the Sling" than I care to admit. When possible, I'll chose a synthetic sling (Kurt Tune, for example) over one of the leather slings every time. I guess if you never shoot in humidity, rain, or heat (Lots of sweat) then you might want a leather sling for looks...

Roy McClain
Spalding Co Shooting Sports
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

We ordered some of the slings from the first guy and they're fine. Air Rifle Sporter is shot indoors, so no rain. Secondly, and most importantly, the slings we bought are SO MUCH better than the ones that came with the 888's. It's kind of hard to sell parents on a $55.00 sling on a $210.00 gun..... I understand that these slings aren't good enough for highpower, or even smallbore if it's outside, but they're still 90% better than what we're currently shooting. You really have to see the Daisy slings to understand what I'm saying.

Mike
Wichita KS