Air Pistol Results:

1. Cody Owsley 749
2. Anthony Lutz 738
3. Ryan Bentman 723
4. Henry Dominick 711
5. Adam Seibert 707
6. Charlie Normington 706
7. Tyler Inig 706

Great time, and a fantastic turnout, too. However, air pistol needs more participation by juniors. We had 37 pistol shooters, and almost 300 rifle shooters. Coaches: Congrats on getting rifle to the shooters. The new challenge is getting them into pistol, too.

The clubs from and around Pocatello supplied lots of people to assist the Championships, and they were excellent. Many of the shooter's parents assisted, too, and were invaluable. My hat is off to all who assisted.

Next year, the Championships will probably be in IL! Get ready.

Will
akihmsa

Re: Pocatello, ID, NRA Jr. Championship Results

Post by akihmsa »

HI Will

When I read the NRA Club Connection back in April I thought it was team shoot. I have been working on putting together a jr air pistol team and finally this year we have an indoor facility in our club house to use for practice. Hopefully in 2 years we can add 3 pistol shooters to the numbers! Pistol is much tougher to get the parents interested in from my experience. The jrs. like it just fine but many parents "believe" rifle or shotgun is the correct place to start them out. All the shooting sports are fine for jrs. be it Archery, shotgun, rifle or pistol, but any pistol instructor will tell you it is hard to break the ice. On the pistol format I assume from the scores that they used an 80 shot format? 2-40 round matches? Is there a site that posts all the pistol scores and the states that were represented? I can use this info to present to my club. Thanks!
Will Hart wrote:Precision 3P results:

1. Ashley Jackson 1188
2. Levi Geurts 1177
3. Sarah Smith 1174
4. Lee Lemenager 1173
5. Brandi Eskew 1173
6. Michael Kulbacki 1170
7. Stephanie Elmore 1169

Sporter 3P results:

1. Michelle Everett 1098
2. Jennifer Hawk 1060
3. Jordan Leete 1057
4. Karalee Bluhm 1050
5. Ashley Rice 1049
6. Aaron Perkins 1049
7. Joshua Schreiber 1048

Air Pistol Results:

1. Cody Owsley 749
2. Anthony Lutz 738
3. Ryan Bentman 723
4. Henry Dominick 711
5. Adam Seibert 707
6. Charlie Normington 706
7. Tyler Inig 706

Great time, and a fantastic turnout, too. However, air pistol needs more participation by juniors. We had 37 pistol shooters, and almost 300 rifle shooters. Coaches: Congrats on getting rifle to the shooters. The new challenge is getting them into pistol, too.

The clubs from and around Pocatello supplied lots of people to assist the Championships, and they were excellent. Many of the shooter's parents assisted, too, and were invaluable. My hat is off to all who assisted.

Will

Post by Guest »

Thanks for a taste of the results. Too bad the links don't work on the NRA site!
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Love it, these two are from the Leavenworth KS area.

Air Pistol Results:

1. Cody Owsley 749
2. Anthony Lutz 738

Tony Lutz was in my 4-H Rifle Instructor class, and his Dad was in my Smallbore Coach class. I THINK Cody was in my Rifle class too, but he was a little quieter.

Later

Mike
Wichita KS
Randy

Junior Air Gun Results

Post by Randy »

Hello Will,

It looks like you made it back okay. Did you manage to mail out the results from the Air Gun Championship? I have some kids that are anxiously awaiting to see the detailed results.

Randy,
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Hi Mike

Just shows that they do well in many areas of the shooting sports, and some that start out in one end up in another. All are worthwhile and though I have my favorite, I know that it isn't any "better" than any of the others.

I did a little nosing around on the NRA site and think they shot a 40 round match on Thursday and a 40 round on Sunday is that correct? The reason I want to know is to get this info to my 4-H group and hopefully spur a few on to want to participate in this event. Currently there is virtually no AP competition in Alaska for Jrs. or Srs. I am working on that void but it does take time. The one thing I love about AP is that I don't spend much time on the reloading bench for it ;~) Seems like time keeps getting harder to find.
mikeschroeder wrote:Hi

Love it, these two are from the Leavenworth KS area.

Air Pistol Results:

1. Cody Owsley 749
2. Anthony Lutz 738

Tony Lutz was in my 4-H Rifle Instructor class, and his Dad was in my Smallbore Coach class. I THINK Cody was in my Rifle class too, but he was a little quieter.

Later

Mike
Wichita KS
WRC177

location, location, location

Post by WRC177 »

Will
How sure is the location? If it is in Illinois, then are we talking about the Streator area? That will make for a busy summer in our neck o' the woods!
Jay V

Re: location, location, location

Post by Jay V »

WRC177 wrote:

Will
How sure is the location? If it is in Illinois, then are we talking about the Streator area? That will make for a busy summer in our neck o' the woods!

It is scheduled to be on the campus of the University of Illinois at Bloomington, if I'm not mistaken.

Jay V
IL
PaulB

NRA Junior Air Gun

Post by PaulB »

The results with working links are on the NRA site at:

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/champ9.asp
seemehaha

pistol programs

Post by seemehaha »

after i got back from idaho i wanted to start shooting some pistol, however i couldn't find any competitive pistol programs in my area, let alone a junior club i could shoot pistol with. i looked on the nra website and on the usas website for a listing of clubs in my area that maybe i could get some information for, but i couldn't find such a list. does anyone know where i could find such a list? i think for now i'll get a rule book and try some postal matches.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Jay V wrote: It is scheduled to be on the campus of the University of Illinois at Bloomington, if I'm not mistaken.

Jay V
IL
That could be a problem since the University of Illinois is at Champaign - Urbana and Illinois State University is at Normal Illinois. Normal is more or less part of Bloomington though. So, which is it Uof I, or Bloomington? I hope Bloomington, U of I at least was one of the most LIBERAL colleges I've heard about. I went to college ther in the early 80's.

As an example of their liberal stances on things, the Illinois campus paper always has a 32nd of March (1 April) edition. in 1981, the 32 March edition headline was "Reagan re-instates the Draft, Troops into Afganistan!!" When you bought the paper, then the REAL front page was actually page 2. Guess none of the hippy professors actually bought the paper, but about 30 were protesting when I got the the main part of the campus at about 9:30 AM.

Later

Mike
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

mikeschroeder wrote:
Jay V wrote: It is scheduled to be on the campus of the University of Illinois at Bloomington, if I'm not mistaken.

Jay V
IL
That could be a problem since the University of Illinois is at Champaign - Urbana and Illinois State University is at Normal Illinois. Normal is more or less part of Bloomington though. So, which is it Uof I, or Bloomington? I hope Bloomington, U of I at least was one of the most LIBERAL colleges I've heard about. I went to college ther in the early 80's. (snip)Later

Mike
Hi Mike,

I heard Bloomington. In this area (Chicago metro) "Bloomington- Normal" is 1 word. So I'm guessing it will be at Illinois State University.

Maybe somebody has more info.

Jay V
IL