please help--representing gun manufacturer--need help

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

ramireza

please help--representing gun manufacturer--need help

Post by ramireza »

Thanks for the help. I am a law student representing a gun manufacturer in a products liability case and i need some info. What is the standard trigger pull weight for a youth model rifle and why is it that weight? i.e. why is it a 2lb trigger pull, and could you point me to some "expert opinions" about the matter i.e. someone i could quote? thanks so much in advance!

Alex Ramirez
JPM

Post by JPM »

I suggest you contact Mr. Beeman on this subject.

http://www.beemans.net/

Post by Guest »

how about the nra legal defense team/department?

Re: please help--representing gun manufacturer--need help

Post by Guest »

This may be a dumb question but why would a manufacturer want a student representing him instead of a real courtroom tested attorney? Sounds like a bad idea that might be very costly with the awards juries are tossing around these days for things like holding a manufacturer respondsible when a "friend" points his rifle at his "buddy" and pulls the trigger. This type of situation just doesn't sound like a product defect to me. 2 lb or 10 lb trigger doesn't matter when the muzzle is pointed at something that it shouldn't be and the gun being loaded when it shouldn't be either. Soon we will no longer be able to afford any product due to so called liablility.
ramireza wrote:Thanks for the help. I am a law student representing a gun manufacturer in a products liability case and i need some info. What is the standard trigger pull weight for a youth model rifle and why is it that weight? i.e. why is it a 2lb trigger pull, and could you point me to some "expert opinions" about the matter i.e. someone i could quote? thanks so much in advance!

Alex Ramirez