Junior Air Pistol

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

pilkguns.

Junior Air Pistol

Post by pilkguns. »

As many of you know, we have been working on trying to get a small airpistol for a reasonable price for junior club usage. I just returned from the IWA show in Germany and have worked out the final nuts and bolts are now ready to place our first order.

This gun is very light, weighs 1 pound 11 oz, has match sights, a good trigger with some adjustments and has a match style ambidextrous grips It uses CO2, in either powerlet or bulk fill form and works like a dream. We plan to offer this gun at a retail price of $450 and they will be available to junior programs for apporixamtley 20% less.

If you are interested in purchasing several of these for a junior club, please e-mail us at info@pilkguns.com with the approximate quantity that you think would be purchased.

Thanks
Scott
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Scott it sounds like you have hit on a good idea with lite weight and CO2 power for ease of use. I work with youth and use the 747 and some 717's primarily. The complaint most often heard is difficulty in pumping, though with a pad on a table to place the pistol on even the little 60 lb size shooter can handle it. Reach to the trigger can also be an issue and being barrel heavy.

I will have to admit I am not an early adopter type though and will wait to see how the new gun is received before committing. This might not be the answer you wanted to hear but it is at least an honest one ;~)

Good luck and I hope you are extremely successful with this new offering!
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

akihmsa,

Did you see my post on the 747 grip mod?

I have sweaty hands, and I had trouble keeping the muzzle of the front heavy pistol pointed at the target. The grip slips in my hand and rotates, pointing the muzzle towards the ground. The non-skid seems to have taken care of it. It's still muzzle heavy, but because it doesn't slip in my hand, I don't have to grip so HARD.

Gary
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

HI Gary

Yes I saw it and it looks like a good fix. I have Bill Jordan size hands and it isn't and issue for me personally. On the muzzle heavyness of the Daisy's that is an issue for a 60 to 80 lb youth and I think it has to do with wieght and balance mostly.
GaryN wrote:akihmsa,

Did you see my post on the 747 grip mod?

I have sweaty hands, and I had trouble keeping the muzzle of the front heavy pistol pointed at the target. The grip slips in my hand and rotates, pointing the muzzle towards the ground. The non-skid seems to have taken care of it. It's still muzzle heavy, but because it doesn't slip in my hand, I don't have to grip so HARD.

Gary