Daisy 853C take-down instructions

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Jason

Daisy 853C take-down instructions

Post by Jason »

Does anyone know of an online source for instructions on how to properly take-down and clean the 853C?

I coach an army cadet shooting team and want to be able to troubleshoot and clean without sending our rifles away.

If they were mine I'd just strip one down and figure it out, but since they belong the govt I don't feel comfy doing that!
mikeschroeder

853 Takedown

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Daisy sells a kit including a video on how to disassemble and reassemble the 753 / 853's. The kit was under $25.00, and I think you can order the video separately. Just call the number listed at Daisy.com and tell them you're an instructor. Their prices are better that way.

I had to work on my 753, my son's friends put a bunch of pellets behind the bolt for some reason. The video is good, but takes a lot of pause and rewind.

Mike
Wichita KS
Jason

Post by Jason »

I've sent and received an e-mail response from Daisy about this tape.

The video is $12.50 plus shipping and handling (and maybe duty to cross the border, I'm not sure if it falls under Free Trade) and they'll send a parts list, too.

I'm going to order the video on Monday (apparently the offices are closed today for a "company meeting") and I'll post a review after I receive it.

A lot of coaches have slagged the 853 pretty badly up here, but so far I've found it to be easy to learn and fairly accurate, making it a huge improvement over the old .22LR Lee-Enfields cadets used to shoot in Canada.