JOs & New ISSF Rules

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

JOs & New ISSF Rules

Post by jhmartin »

For those that have not yet seen or heard, ISSF came out with the 2nd edition of the rules for this quad.
Not much different in the technical details but the number of shots for the women's events has increased.

WAR & WAP go from 40 shots to 60.
WSBR goes from a 3x20 to 3x40.

While your JO Qualifiers won't change, USA Shooting will soon announce that these new changes to the events will be used at the JO's in April.

(LONG OVERDUE!)
coaching

Re: JOs & New ISSF Rules

Post by coaching »

You mean I can't tell people that those weak women can't shoot the full course like men? Glad to see it though. Don in Oregon
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

But now were going to hear about how looooong the smallbore days are and the competition takes forevvvveer. No more day and half of sb at JOs! Now if someone would just make the men and women qualifier scores equal that would show true gender equality.

All kidding aside, this will be a good thing as they move forward. I'm liking the 60 shot air alot and makes a ton of sense, especially for our shooters state side pursuing collegiate shooting. 3x40 will be fun but big difference in training and approach versus a 3x20. Sarah Beard said it best when she quipped 3x20 is a sprint, 3x40 is a marathon.
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

I think it's outstanding! It will push the gentlemen to better scores I bet!
Rob Tucker
http://www.TheShootersEdge.us
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

just wish they could have applied the 60 shot qualification to state qualifiers...

my daughter tanked either her 3rd or 4th series where as the girl who beat her (in Qualification but not overall) super tanked in her 5th series... drat....

of course if she had just shot the cut score, it wouldnt have mattered if she was state champion lol...
gspell68

Post by gspell68 »

Ltdave wrote:just wish they could have applied the 60 shot qualification to state qualifiers...

my daughter tanked either her 3rd or 4th series where as the girl who beat her (in Qualification but not overall) super tanked in her 5th series... drat....

of course if she had just shot the cut score, it wouldnt have mattered if she was state champion lol...
Frustrating sometimes, ain't it?
Last weekend, my kid just missed the 575 cut score by one point.
This past weekend, my other kid missed out on EIC points by one point.
In fact, it's the fourth time since August that he's missed EIC points by one point.
Scott Pell
gspell68@gmail.com
Augusta, Georgia