Junior Coaches for Air/Smallbore Rifle

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

rtucker6508

Junior Coaches for Air/Smallbore Rifle

Post by rtucker6508 »

Good Morning All....

I am looking for recommendations for high level Junior Coaches for Air Rifle and Smallbore Rifle.

Any info is very appreciated: Names, specialties, "coaching style", results, etc.

I would like to put together a resource list for shooters.

Thank you,

Rob
Rob Tucker
http://www.TheShootersEdge.us
Hap Rocketto

Re: Junior Coaches for Air/Smallbore Rifle

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Contact USAS's Mike Theimer, USA Shooting Coach Academy Director, at michael.theimer@usashooting.org
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

Tough with the geographical spread - As a caveat these are people I know actively coaching advanced level shooting, unsure if they are taking new people or not, also I apologize in advance for forgetting someone (my brains tired today)

Off the top of my head for virtual coaches:
Lisette Grunwell
Amy Sowash (? Thought somewhere she was tagged with association of 10.9 when she left podium?)

Geographical constrained (not sure on virtual):
Troy Basham
Ron Wigger
Lucas Kozeniesky
Dempster Christenson (sr) - I believe hes a USAS Adv Rifle Coach and Dakota Club coach

In addition I would think there are some excellent club opportunities that seem to have Level 3 (Advanced) coaches and be able to get youth to the national level:
Kevin Winters - Taunton Marksmanship
NTCSC
Erin Gestl - Palmyra (USAS Adv Rifle Coach)
Joel Martin - Valencia County 4-H
X team (sorry their coach is slipping my mind)

Mike Theimer is good for a list of USAS Adv rifle coaches but I would asterisk that because I know a lot of great coaches (Level 3) not working through that program for a variety of reasons (but thats a whole other topic)

Hope that helps
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Another that crosses the line of shooting disciplines is Rick Marsh - Honeybadger Shooting Academy, for superb understanding of the SCATT training system.

Any who missed his (and Troy's and Katy's) presentations at WAG truly missed out. I've worked with Rick for a few years on him teaching me his methods on SCATT and I still learned things. (Thanks PODIUM LLC for bringing them together!!!)