IZH CM-2 rifle front sight apertures

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

PaulB

IZH CM-2 rifle front sight apertures

Post by PaulB »

Is there a source for various sized front sight apertures for the IZH CM-2 rifle?

The front sight seems to be just a bit smaller in diameter than a 18mm front sight. I could probably just file down the outside of some generic plastic apertures like the ones Champions Choice sells,

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... &item=CCA2

but I would rather just buy them if they are available.
jhmartin

Re: IZH CM-2 rifle front sight apertures

Post by jhmartin »

I took the front sights off all of our CM-2s and installed sight extension tubes, then bought 18mm front sights. If you want inexpensive, you can get in touch with Daisy and get some of the ones for their airguns ... if you want other implements to attach (adj iris, level, etc) you can spend a bit more and get a higher end one.
JDMANN

Post by JDMANN »

Where did you get the extension (bloop) tubes?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I got those from Medesha, but I would not recommend this anymore as I've ordered multiple in the past year and never heard from him again.

An Uptagrafft tube is pretty much the same price, and Eric will also fit the adapter to your barrel diameter ... may take a bit, but still possible.

I don't know how easy any of the carbon tubes are to order for these smaller diameter barrels.
m215mitchell

Post by m215mitchell »

http://www.chesebrorifles.com/_p/prd15/ ... ht-inserts

Kit A will fit late model cm-2
Even thou it says 18mm it’s actually 17.3 which will fit late model cm-2. The earlier cm-2 take Kit D but dont hold me to that