Free: A coaching resource

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Chris__Colorado

Free: A coaching resource

Post by Chris__Colorado »

Update February 5, 2023
I been away from shooting for a while and my google subscription had expired. I have paid google and the library is available again. Since it had grown to over 100GB, I paired it down by removing one folder with the videos on effective communication (Tom Best NLP course) which may be found elsewhere on the web. I recommend this course on how to be a better and more aware communicator, both for it's practical use, and for understanding how we communicate using all our senses. Other than that, your contributions to the library are always welcome by uploading files to this link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

If you have requested a link to the library, you will be getting a notification/email/pm today if you have provided me your email which is necessary for me to share the library with you--google mail works best.

Enjoy
Chris

---Original Post from 2017 below-----

Hi!

I have created a small digital Airgun Reference Library over the last 20+ years. It contains thousands of files of all types (webpages, Word documents, Excel files, PDF files, AVI, MP4 files, etc.) and is over 99GB. I'll give access to anyone active in the sport who is looking for reference material. Just send me a PM on this forum (EDIT-with your email address which I need to provide access to the google drive)

The Airgun Reference Library covers sporting airguns, olympic airguns, and everything in between.
It is loosely organized and I update it or add to it on occasion as I organize the material I have ( and as I continue to learn). The library has the owners manuals for most common airguns and even some service manuals. It includes guides people created as they tore into their airguns to perform upgrades/repairs/or services are also in the library.

If you'd like access, please PM me with your name and email. I'll provide access to the library and only ask, in return, that you submit something to the library for sharing by uploading or emailing it to me. I'll accept most any file you use with your shooters. It'll go in your folder "Coaching Tips by xxxx." Modifications to existing files are highly encouraged and welcome too. It's always great to see how you modify items to fit your needs, and it may be just what someone else is looking for.

I pay for the online storage out of pocket and freely give access to our club members and coaches. Just my small effort to keep the sport alive and provide a easy to reference resource for learning about our sport. I hope offering it helps our shooters and coaches.

The library is read only. This makes it stress free and safe for everyone to use--you can't break anything. Even better, you can download files to your computer or phone and edit any document to suit your needs. This lets you modify and customize the files for your own use.

The airgun manuals are divided into two volumes, with Volume 01 mostly about Olympic Style airguns, and Volume 02 mostly about sporting airguns. There my be some overlap between the two volumes, so if you don't find what you are looking for in one volume, check the other.

I use a software program called "Locate32" to find items quickly on my computer. It allows me to search specific folders and types of files for keywords. However, if you are running Windows 10, it's search feature is good enough now and you may not need a desktop search engine.

If you don't use Microsoft Office, LibreOffice from portableapps.com works pretty well to open those type of files. Most office files also have PDF versions if you don't use Microsoft or Libre Office software.

I use PDF X-change viewer (also from portableapps.com) to view Adobe PDF files. It allows one to edit or add to pdf files. You can even export PDF files as graphics files.

Respectfully,
Chris
Feb 20201: Edited to update library size and some other grammatical changes for clarity.
Adding the following:
Another great resource, besides our host and this forum, are the articles in this USA Shooting library:
https://www.usashooting.org/11-resource ... olshooting
https://www.usashooting.org/11-resource ... ne-library
Last edited by Chris__Colorado on Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
tstamey

Re: A coaching resource

Post by tstamey »

Chris,

What you are doing is awesome! PM sent.

Thank you!
Tim
FireHawk

Re: Free: A coaching resource

Post by FireHawk »

Would love to check out your library...

PM sent
Chris__Colorado

Hi everyone!
If you have PM'd me with your email, you should have recieved an invite for full access to the Airgun Reference Library.
Access to the library is easiest with a (free) gmail account.
Thanks for the contributions to date--we are now over 81Gb and 58 thousand files!
Looking forward to everyone's feedback and contributions.
Chris
Dvonries

Post by Dvonries »

Dvonriesen@gmail.com
I have two nephews shooting JROTC and moving to 10 meter
Chris__Colorado

Invitation sent! Enjoy perusing the library.
Chris
Rio Juniors

Post by Rio Juniors »

This is awesome - I would love to have access!

rsscjuniors@gmail.com

Thanks!
Chris__Colorado

rsscjuniors@gmail.com
Invites sent to
1. View (read only) the library (and download local copy if desires) and
2. Upload files to the shared folder to be added to the library.
Enjoy!
Chris

For anyone else reading, the library is approaching 95GB now....
Barry

Post by Barry »

Tough to find something you *don't* have!
jgo

Post by jgo »

What an incredible resource! Thank you so much for sharing!
abrasivereshaping

Post by abrasivereshaping »

please send info to abrasivereshaping@gmail.com. Thank you for a great resource.

Best Regards
swilso

Post by swilso »

Hope I’m not 2 years too late. PM sent. Would love to get a copy.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Wow Chris. I just opened TT and discovered you post. Thank you!!!
stephen_maly

Post by stephen_maly »

Please check your private messages.
JMHollowell

Post by JMHollowell »

Hey Chris,

I see the original post is from 2017, but wondering if this is still accessible? If so, would love to be able to use the resources.

Thank you in advance.
Wal03

Post by Wal03 »

Thank you this is great stuff
Chris__Colorado

It still lives as I've updated my google storage subscription (100GB).

If you find it of value, please contribute to our host, Scott Pilkington, at the link he has provided,
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Without their airguns, maintenance service, and support of this forum, we would not such a great forum and opportunity to share.

Everyone who requested access to this library should have access if they provided me their email.
Sorry for the delay as I've not checked here in a while.
Thanks for all you do with our young athletes!
Happy New Year!
Chris
Aliyaa

Post by Aliyaa »

JMHollowell wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:34 pm Hey Chris,

I see the original post is from 2017, but wondering if this is still accessible? If so, would love to be able to use the resources.

Thank you in advance.
Hi guys
Hi there! Although the original post is from 2017, the resources mentioned might still be accessible. It's worth giving them a try! Keep in mind that technology and platforms can evolve over time, so there might be some changes or updates.free fire name
mcnuttma

Post by mcnuttma »

Would love to have access and thank you very much!

mcnuttma@gmail.com
amypecotte

Post by amypecotte »

Would greatly appreciate access. amypecotte@gmail.com

Thank you!!

Amy