App for coaching?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

ABerryhill

App for coaching?

Post by ABerryhill »

I'm looking for an iPad app or piece of similar software I can use to help me coach my team. I've seen software to track scores over time, but I'm more interested in something for tracking coaching notes over time. I envision an app that lets me look at all my notes from any given practice session, or if I choose, all my notes on any particular shooter. Those notes would probably just be small text notes, but if I could also add photos, videos and scores to any given note that would be great. Any ideas? thanks

Andrew Berryhill
Coach Purdue University Pistol Team
randy1952

Re: App for coaching?

Post by randy1952 »

You could probably create your own by using one of the database apps for the ipad such as HanDbase or
Bento. That way you customize the way you want it. The database will allow you to make any entries you want plus you can tie existing pictures or files to the database.

Randy
Last edited by randy1952 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

You can add notes to TargetScan sessions. I don't know if that's the sort of thing that you're looking for?

http://www.targetshootingapp.com
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

After some research and experimenting, I can answer my own question. I have been using Evernote and it does everything I need. I take pics and make quick notes using my phone during practices. Afterwards I sit down at a computer and everything I recorded at practice has already automatically synched and is ready for editing or further commenting. And its all free.
smbenson

Post by smbenson »

+1 for Target Scan. Haven't used it too much yet, but for rifle seeing your whole series on one target you get a better view of the true group error and potential sight changes. Very easy to use and pretty accurate in actual hole locations and score.