Crosman Challenger 2009 sight in troubles

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

JPK

Crosman Challenger 2009 sight in troubles

Post by JPK »

Sent it back to factory because it was shooting to the left (2-3 ring) and the rear sights were maxed out. Received it back from the factory with no improvement. Very unsatisfied with the rifle. Was not sure what to do next. I adjusted the barrel with the front barrel band to the right to zero the rifle with plenty of adjustment left on the rear sight. Is this a normal way to adjust this rifle to shoot straight? looks a little funny and really don't like relying on one small set screw to keep the barrel band in place.
TraLfaz

Re: Crosman Challenger 2009 sight in troubles

Post by TraLfaz »

Don't even get me started on Crosman quality assurance. My team has been shooting precision rifles for many years and we decided that it was time to start a sporter team. I checked around and was told that Crosman sold the best sporter rifle. We picked up two rifles on our way down to the 3p nationals in Anniston and have had nothing but issues with them ever since. One gun wouldn't work out of the box and the gun lasted twenty shots. The Crosman certified technician who worked on them found metal shavings in both rifles. Needless to say, we are not very happy with our purchase.