5m BB shooting drills, and games?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

shawn706

5m BB shooting drills, and games?

Post by shawn706 »

What are some shooting games and drills that yall can recommend to break up the monotony of just shooting positions at practice?
Andre

Re: 5m BB shooting drills, and games?

Post by Andre »

A American Legion Sporter AR team not far from here has fun nights once in awhile. They'd shoot into a curved piece of conduit and ht a target 90 degrees from where they aimed, and a few other drills. But I see a lot of ricochet accidents with BB's.

Maybe the horizontal/vertical bar drills, or ShootNSee targets. Get a few pellet rifles and shoot indoor field target?

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Images/NSRA% ... %20tgt.jpg
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Our BB shooters really like single shot matches, in standing with the dads, or moms shooting too. One shot, go downrange and score it. If tied, those two reshoot on the same bull. The "wins" get spread around and everybody likes to beat their dad!! We hang half a target and shoot 6 matches at the end of practice while waiting for the slowpoke air rifle shooters. I make a big deal out of it when I win, which adds to the fun when they beat me.
AWeinhold

Post by AWeinhold »

Shoot flys. I use a 2'x4' piece of ceiling tile as a BB stop. Then hang a piece of watermelon rind on it to attract a few picnicking flys. Ten feet is about right for the distance from your lawn chair to the target zone. The flys are fairly interesting to hit. Many of my shooting friends, real riflemen (including a veteran Navy UDT/Seal) enjoy the trigger time shooting flys. Best time is late afternoon. Shade tree & lemonade are highly recommended.
shawn706

Post by shawn706 »

Good ideas. I'll be looking at incorporating a few of them for next season. Thanks.
rfwhatley

Post by rfwhatley »

My team liked soda crackers. They tend to explode when hit with a BB (22's pass right through), but are stable enough to use with target clips. If you shoot outdoors, then you can place them all around.
Ryan Anderson

Post by Ryan Anderson »

I know this is a little late, but I recently made an audio podcast on this exact topic. You can check it out at this link here which will take you to the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcnLuO4 ... jbka2AL4Zo. The first part is about setting up weekly and daily training plans and the last part gives a bunch of ideas for games and drills that shooters can do either individually or in competition with other shooters. Hopefully it will give you some ideas!

Ryan
Check out my free shooting podcast available on youtube and also through iTunes or the Android "podomatic" app! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT7XX ... hg630OLsfQ
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

Here is a website for you with hundreds of paper targets you can download for free.
http://Www.targetz.com
Part of the fun for them is picking their own target and making up their own game. They will come up with some dasterdly difficult challenges.

At our next practice we will be carving our Halloween pumpkins . . . with our pistols. I will post pictures and let you know how it went.