CMP "Aces" Postal

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

mdickinson

CMP "Aces" Postal

Post by mdickinson »

All,
We have started a new postal at the CMP open to practically anyone (still following governing body rules). The CMP "Aces" Postal is a quarterly match shot on either Orion paper targets or Electronic targets. You will receive a specially designed chip for participating, one color for each quarter and we will hand out awards based on the number of participants in each category. We have 19 categories! Including Adaptive prone, standing for air rifle and Adaptive pistol!

This is an air gun match only.

We will be creating another category by the second quarter to include sporter 3x20 OPEN. I have been receiving several interested adults that have shorter rifles. Right now, we only have precision 3x20 OPEN so for the first quarter, all non-juniors shooting 3p are entered in that category. Juniors are not allowed in the 3P open category.

You can shoot multiple events!

Match program and entry form can be found at http://thecmp.org/air/cmp-aces-postal/

Good luck and hope this turns into your new favorite match!
twisted

Re: CMP "Aces" Postal

Post by twisted »

Side note: a few Jr shooters from our club brought their targets to the club yesterday. Over half of them were folded in half from the post office jamming them in mailboxes. It was nothing that couldn't be fixed with a heavy book sitting on them for a few days . Maybe next time around slide a piece of cardboard in with the targets and a big old "do not bend" stamp on both sides.
RED RAIDER

Post by RED RAIDER »

targetceasefire

Post by targetceasefire »

I had a ball shooting the 2nd Q last week with my daughter. Very humbling however! I am our 4H pistol coach and a long time LE FI, and my daughter just started shooting this year. Her rifle coach has been doing great work (she's a CMP Distinguished in rifle) with her and it has showed during recent competitions. Like a lot of dads who spend countless hours watching their kids do activities, eventually the bug bites to try it. I have never shot this way (3P) and figured it couldn't be too hard. Wow, I am really impressed with these kids, and everyone who shoots 3P! I had a great time with my daughter and had a great shooting experience (with my lifetime of shooting, I only beat my 12 YO by 13 points!) We're using her Champion right now, and look forward to moving to a precision rifle later - I highly recommend Aces, and Postal Matches in general!
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

I have been coaching my daughters to shoot PPP at home. We don't have the opportunity for head-to-head competition since there are not any matches in our area.
I am interested in the ACES results that have been posted.
Looking at the scores for PPP I see the following listings:
"1, 2, 3, 4, Total, Qualification"
The PPP is a 40 round course of fire. Are 1,2,3,4 the 10-shot scores achived on 4 different targets?
Total and Qualification appears to be the same number. What is it's significance of different columns?
Where do the results indicate if the Athlete was using 'basic supported' or 'standing supported' position?
Thanks for the help?
Trying to learn and prepare for this competitive sport remotely is an additional challenge.