Jr Rifles

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Bob259

Jr Rifles

Post by Bob259 »

Looking for some Junior rifles, like Anschutz Achivers, 1903 Jr, Russian training rifles etc for our smaller kids. If anyone has any they are not using and want to sell them please let me know.
RED RAIDER

Re: Jr Rifles

Post by RED RAIDER »

I have an IZHMASH CM-2 YOUTH/CADET

Includes: SLING, Sights w/ a couple of diffetent apertures, Adjustable Butt plate, Plastic case, Duracoat paint on stock.

My daugther used thsi gun for 1 season and hit a growth spurt. Now the gun is sitting in my safe.

I paid $585 + shipping + FFL less than 2 years ago. Make offer! I can email pics tonight if you are interested.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

Champions Choice is selling the new improved Anschutz 1903 Junior. Its a little pricey ($1445) coming in just under $100 less than a full sized 1903 with sights but it really is a nice looking gun.
Bob259

Post by Bob259 »

bdutton wrote:Champions Choice is selling the new improved Anschutz 1903 Junior. Its a little pricey ($1445) coming in just under $100 less than a full sized 1903 with sights but it really is a nice looking gun.
Thanks, glad to see it being produced again, after them stoping the Jr model in 2008. Like any club we wish we could buy a dozen, but reality is maybe 1 a year and the reason we are looking for good used ones.
Bob Smalser

Post by Bob Smalser »

Thanks for the heads up on the new 1903 Junior. Had a nice chat with Homer Pearson, owner of Champions Choice shooter supply today. Homer recently commissioned the first competitive junior rifle since the discontinued 1980 Anschutz Achiever and has 150 of them on hand and 50 more on order. Homer designed this one himself with all the right adjustment features for beginners ages 10 through adult to include a fully-adjustable 5099 (700-gram) trigger with ambidextrous stock with comb and buttstock hardware that will also take the optional CC hook buttplate. He has also commissioned an inexpensive optional 8-inch sight extension with riser blocks for those so inclined. A perfect "first rifle", of much higher quality than the old Achiever and at a hundred bucks cheaper than CMP's 1903. It even has a walnut stock. ;)

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... tem=013673

As Homer retains design rights, CC will likely be the only source of these in the near future.
Bob
rfwhatley

Post by rfwhatley »

Buds Gun Shop had some CZ rifles they were selling new for something like $185 about a month ago. These are not the CZ 455 series, but "trainers" from the other CZ factory. Still plenty accurate. And for that price you can whip out a saw and make it a Junior model !!

I was eyeballing these for our Youth Program because someone donated Crickets, but the kids that show up are often well over 6 feet tall.