Looking For Someone To Improve Avanti 753 Trigger

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Scrench

Looking For Someone To Improve Avanti 753 Trigger

Post by Scrench »

I've read the 10p files at Pilk on how to make the trigger on a Daisy Avanti 753 adjustable and lighter, but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone suggest someone who can?

Thank You,
Scrench
Chris__Colorado

Re: Looking For Someone To Improve Avanti 753 Trigger

Post by Chris__Colorado »

Scrench,
The job is really easier than it looks.
I did one a while back and wrote it up at the links below.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... +Daisy+953
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... +Need+help

The Daisy 753, 853, and 953 are pretty much the same in the trigger area (at least mine are).
Use a digital camera or cellphone camera to take lots of pictures--I did--over 250 LOL.
All my photos are in the Daisy 953 disassembly file here
https://www.scribd.com/CKJJ55@hotmail.cm

I was hesitant at first, but these particular Daisy rifles are very easy to work on.

Hope this helps
Chris
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

You havnt really lived until you 'fix' your daughters trigger the night before she leaves for a national or international match, and it wont fire when your done!
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

redschietti wrote:You havnt really lived until you 'fix' your daughters trigger the night before she leaves for a national or international match, and it wont fire when your done!
If you're shooting a Daisy at a national or international match you're doing it wrong. ;)
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

The 753 used to come with the trigger screw installed. If not, it can be added to all of the 853/753/953 etc rifles. However, if you aren't comfortable drilling the back of the trigger guard to install the screw then just order the 888/887 receiver/trigger guard from Daisy. It's the same part, but, has the screw already installed.

While your're ordering things, you might want to pick up a couple of extra springs - just in case. You probably won't need them, but, it might make you feel better knowing they are there.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

"If you're shooting a Daisy at a national or international match you're doing it wrong. ;)"

Agreed! It was a pardini, but regardless, my sweat turned red! Some would say don't change anything, but if it aint right the day before, fix it!