Seeking Advice on Youth Left Handed 22 Rifle for Match

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jmak1975

Seeking Advice on Youth Left Handed 22 Rifle for Match

Post by jmak1975 »

My son has been shooting 22 match competitions with the local 4H the last two years. He is getting more serious about competition, and we would like to purchase his own rifle. At this time, he shares one of the club 22's (left handed savage that was cut down) with a few other shooters. This limits his access to the gun (which limits practice), and he also has to deal with constant tweaks that others make to the gun. Unfortunately, we are unable to find a youth left handed 22 that is designed for match competition (prone, standing, kneeling). He is eleven and ~4' 6" so an adult rifle is not a good fit.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a youth left handed 22 that is designed for competition? Are there any Anschutz Achievers out there made for left handed shooters? Anyone have luck with modifying the Anschutz 1903 for a youth shooter? If yes, please share the details. Are there any gunsmiths in the Houston area who have built youth guns for competition?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jon
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Have you thought of a Martini action? A BSA 12/15 is relatively light as is, and when shortened to fit a youth would be even lighter. The action is ambidextrous.
randy1952

Youth Rifle

Post by randy1952 »

Tim S wrote:Have you thought of a Martini action? A BSA 12/15 is relatively light as is, and when shortened to fit a youth would be even lighter. The action is ambidextrous.
If your interested in this action I know of a person who wants to sell his. If interested email me at randy88745@gmail.com.