Daisy 887 CO2 Problem

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Barry

Daisy 887 CO2 Problem

Post by Barry »

I was shooting a 887 today when it dropped a low shot like it was low on CO2. The next shot didn't make it out the barrel. So, I set it aside for a little bit, then removed the cylinder to see if it was empty. Felt pretty full, so I put it back in. Then it shot fine.

What gives?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

What was the temp? Sometimes if the temperature gets too high the liquid CO2 tries to become all gas & the resultanbt pressure will not let the hammer/spring operate the valve.

Or a dirty valve ... make sure there is no gunk in the valve area before you screw the cylinder in
Barry

Post by Barry »

It was about 60F when it happened. Brand new gun just back from a factory servicing.

Could it have been too cold & froze up?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Only if there was a bit of water built up in the valve area ....
Is it still doing it or was it a one time deal?

In the winter our indoor range is barely above or even below freezing, we have no issues
Bntarrw

Post by Bntarrw »

when the shot is taken are you feeling any air coming out of the trigger assembly. There is a over pressure plug (looks like a head of a tac nail, black in color) I have seen these come dislodged and will casuse the pellets to fall low!!!
jinx

Post by jinx »

I am curious to learn more about this situation. We had a simular situation with an 888. It was brand new out of the box, first time at the range and it malfunctioned. I called the manufacture - they acted like this should have never happened and we have to return everything. We too followed all the measures listed in the manual, etc. and also tried a different cylinder. The 888 still would not function after this.