2014 Small-Bore Camps - Questions/Help

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

FireHawk

2014 Small-Bore Camps - Questions/Help

Post by FireHawk »

My daughter has been shooting since 9/13 and loves it. She shot her first competition this month and did well. I have a couple of questions:

1. Her birthday is 8/2 and she is currently 11 years old. I see where most rifle camps state an age of 12 - is that actual age, or as long as she turns 12 this year?

2. We live in CT and she mentioned she might want to go to a rifle camp this summer. I can not find any info on small-bore rifle camps - all I can find on the CMP site right now is air-rifle. So, looking for info and suggestions.....

Thnx in advance for your help :-)
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Paul Davis normally runs the NRA Advanced Rifle camp which is a smallbore camp, usually in Vermont. Minimum age is 14.
(Do a google search on "Paul Davis Rifle Camp")

Other coaches that may have some camps for the younger shooters are some of the CMP State Directors:

CT (you may be in luck)
Deb Lyman - LymanDebbie at gmail.com
If she does not do them, then she should be able to give you some info on where in your area one is.

RI
Michele Makucevich - bellyshooter at cox.net
I know that we bring Michele out here to NM to put on smallbore clinics on occasion, and they are geared for younger, less experienced shooters
Abi

Post by Abi »

There is usually a Smallbore camp during the Smallbore portion of the NRA National Championships at Camp Perry, but because Smallbore has moved for the next two years, the camp is not scheduled.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

Abi wrote:There is usually a Smallbore camp during the Smallbore portion of the NRA National Championships at Camp Perry, but because Smallbore has moved for the next two years, the camp is not scheduled.
Its going to be during pistol week at camp perry this year.
Abi

Post by Abi »

bdutton wrote:
Abi wrote:There is usually a Smallbore camp during the Smallbore portion of the NRA National Championships at Camp Perry, but because Smallbore has moved for the next two years, the camp is not scheduled.

I do not see this info listed online anywhere. The National Matches Calendar (draft) on the NRA website only lists a Jr Pistol Camp during the Pistol phase.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

Abi wrote:
bdutton wrote:

I do not see this info listed online anywhere. The National Matches Calendar (draft) on the NRA website only lists a Jr Pistol Camp during the Pistol phase.
Send an email to the NRA to confirm. sbrifle@nrahq.org. My information came from one of the coaches of the smallbore camp.