Need Help...Youth 10 Meter Pistol

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Ted

Post by Ted »

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. The pellets I referred to though are the 'orange' practice pellets from pilkguns. Though less expensive, these are not in the category of the common pellets you can get at walmart/k-mart, bass proshop etc. They are a quality pellet and shoot almost as good as the match pellets. Pilkguns makes all the vogel pellets at their shop in Tennessee.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Ted wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with the above. The pellets I referred to though are the 'orange' practice pellets from pilkguns. Though less expensive, these are not in the category of the common pellets you can get at walmart/k-mart, bass proshop etc. They are a quality pellet and shoot almost as good as the match pellets. Pilkguns makes all the vogel pellets at their shop in Tennessee.
You are correct ... the Orange Vogels are fine.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I used a Tau7 junior for air pistol until this year. I liked it, but you do out grow it fast.
Then they can go for the tau 7 match. A little bigger.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Interesting, the Bridge Shooting Club (Oriental juniors) came to the Desert Mid Winter here in Phoenix last year. Every one was shooting a new Walther LP400.

Nice bunch of kids, and they did well. Apparently had some cash, though the LP 400s are not THAT spendy.

If I were buying pellets for Jrs. they would be RWS Basic. In my testing they occasionally tested BETTER than R10s, but were lots cheaper.
randy1952

Pistols

Post by randy1952 »

It maybe a little late in the suggestion, but Pardini makes an junior air pistol that can be grown into a full size pistol later. The cost would be higher, but you have to consider if you start buying cheaper pistols by the time you add up the cost of buying those initial cheaper pistols you might have ended up paying more then if you went ahead and made the initial investment. Just a thought. Pardini USA did have an installment plan if that helps.