JROTC invites lists

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

SailAwayAK

JROTC invites lists

Post by SailAwayAK »

I need some help, specifically with the invites supposedly out for AFJROTC units. I have two shooters in in our club that may have qualified for their JROTC championships. However, I do not know if they supposedly got an invite.

If they are on this spread sheet does it mean they should have gotten an invite? I am looking at the individual precision shooters on the bottom. Since CMP is closed and the ROTC instructors have never done national registrations, I don't know if I need to get airfare booked. I have tried to contact Brad at CMP but am doubtful I will get a reply before the first of the year. I also can't find information on when the cut offs are for registering.

ANYONE who knows how I can help these instructors please let me know so I can jump on this.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Looks like those results pages are no longer available ... WHY is CMP using google to post them??

CMP recommends:
If you have any questions regarding your team's scores call 419-635-2141 ext. 1130, as soon as possible.
Dunno if they are working this week?

Try these email addresses:
kharrington at odcmp.com
vdonoho at odcmp.org
bdonoho at odcmp.org
PCU

Post by PCU »

SailAway,
Don't know official answer to your question.
Regional Invitations (select Air Force option) at http://www.odcmp.com/3P/JROTC.htm and it shows qualifiers as you know.

The match program (10/30/2013) shows 5 teams and 2 individuals (27) to qualify for Air Force Service Championship & that is the number listed on the invitations. The program is still at:
http://www.odcmp.com/3P/2013%20JROTC%20 ... rvices.pdf

Results are still available:
http://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.phpdo ... atch=10648
SailAwayAK

Post by SailAwayAK »

Yeah, that's what I figured. Clear as mud. LOL!

Technically, Alaska is part of the Eastern grouping and they don't take individual precision shooters. I figure that is why Virginia and Alaska shooters who did score higher than the Western shooter are listed there. However, we are on the western seaboard and the shooters here(AK) scored higher than the shooters in the west.

Now, as far as I know Air Force and Alaska have never competed in precision. So an interesting conundrum. I have tried reaching Brad and Katie to see if I can make heads or tails. Contacted my regional rep and he doesn't have contact information for them either. What a silly mess.

Anywho, I am waiting for them to open back up on the 2nd. But likely people will still be out of office. (I would)

Booking airfare from AK is no small feat.

ETA: Accordingly, no eastern teams would qualify for the matches at all. That would throw out the top team for the service. LOL!
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

SailAwayAK wrote:Now, as far as I know Air Force and Alaska have never competed in precision.
There are multiple AFJROTC teams in Albuquerque that have precision shooters. All are in rebuilding modes with young shooters.
SailAwayAK

Post by SailAwayAK »

jhmartin wrote:
SailAwayAK wrote:Now, as far as I know Air Force and Alaska have never competed in precision.
There are multiple AFJROTC teams in Albuquerque that have precision shooters. All are in rebuilding modes with young shooters.
I would love to help the AFJROTC unit here build a precision program. Sadly, that won't happen until an instructor change comes into being. My daughter joined ROTC to get into this service match. I laugh.