Looking for training program idea

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

itc41

Looking for training program idea

Post by itc41 »

Hi,
I am looking for some training ideas. The closest youth shooting team is at its max, and the second closest is an hour drive away. Some local parents, and my self are thinking on working out a training program for AR and small bore. Some thing structured through the winter to be ready for spring matches. We have safety down, and most have some basic skill. We are looking to build a weekly training program for 3 position. Something like : week 1 Safety, Week 2 Breathing and trigger pull, Week 3 Building prone position... Any one have something like this they can share.
Thanks
ITC41
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

ITC41,

First of all I would like to suggest you and your other coaches/volunteers attend a Level-1 Coach school ... what you will learn there is amazing.

Next, do a search on the web (or even in these forums) about the Canadian Cadets shooting program. The notes for that were, for me, a great starting point back when I knew nothing about the competitive rifle shooting area.
It is geared for air rifle, but can easily be adapted to a smallbore only program as well.

Good luck and thanks for looking at helping out with this sport.
Where are you from?
shootright

NRA Coach school link

Post by shootright »

Here is the link to NRA Coaching schools http://coaches.nra.org/coach-training-schools.aspx

Joel is right you would want to become Rifle or pistol coach every good start.
itc41

Post by itc41 »

Thanks, the Canadian Cadets shooting program info is a lot like what I am looking for. And having trained coaches is in the works

ITC
ITC41