Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Sisterzee

Training Ideas/ Advise

Post by Sisterzee »

Here is where I am at:

I have been shooting...
3P Smallbore: 2-1/2 years
Air Rifle: Standing 1 year; 3P for 3 months.
I am a Female Junior Precision shooter in the United States.
*For simplicity I am using whole number scores, leaving decimals out of a majority of this. ( I use paper targets w/ returns)

Rifle:
Feinwerkbau P70 Junior .177 (4.5mm)
Pellets:
RWS R10 match pellets

I am interested finding new exercises that focus on a single part of a shot plan or action that I could try. [/u]I am looking for any suggestions for a push that could raise me to my goal of shooting in the 590's (60 shots) & 390's (40 shots) consistently by the end of the season.

My club supports and provides for me and I have an amazing coach, who has taken many of previous and current team member to the Olympic Training Center for many years; and plans to for the years to come. We have many activities however, it is also great to try something new to help train; which is often hard to come up with.

I have improved drastically in the last year and I am currently shooting in the upper 560's to low 570's per 60 Shot match. I have become very comfortable shooting up to (2) 60 shot matches during one day.I also notice when I shoot a 40 shot match, my scores unfortunately average roughly 360, which tends to varying between 10-15 points. I do not like these scores because I know I am capable of shooting mid 380's to the 390's. I know the shorter match length messes with me in the sense that when I finish a 40 shot match I feel like I am not complete. I see this as a result of being so accustomed to shooting 60 shot matches

I do keep a shooter's log that I update very time I practice or compete. My shot plan is good but, I would love to see examples of other's shot plans so that can have a better understanding of how complete mine is now compared to what it should be. Please write if you have any sort of activity that could help me focus on a specific motion/ action or help with mental preparation. Looking to discover new ideas that my coach and I have not already discussed. I do have plans to continue shooting for a very long time, definitely into college or the military; I am not sure which path to take. Any advise about taking either path would be incredibly helpful and greatly appreciated! Along with training activities, all ideas are welcomed.

I simply cannot see myself living happily as I age with out playing with rifles. :)
RED RAIDER

Post by RED RAIDER »

It sounds like you are very very close to where you want to be.

Do you have access to a SCATT system? A few sessions on the SCATT can help eliminate some pre-shot movement. The SCATT will also help you gauge where you are at with heart rate & breathing. Good Luck.
HWN1011

Post by HWN1011 »

This post is spam also don't waste your time guys.