One other suggetion

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

shootright

One other suggetion

Post by shootright »

One other suggestion if your A.L. Post does not have a Boy Scout Venturer Crew you could start one. When you run a Boy Scout Venturing program. You still can do alot of the same programs the reg boy scouts can do.
Look into all options before you decide. This program would need a man and a woman to run this sense girls are part of the Venturer crews. Most of the progam is run by the kids you just help them by coaching/teaching them during the different events you would have them do. Most post mite have a boy scout troop these are two different programs and yes Boy scout troop members can be both crew and troop members.

If you start a 4h or crew you are doing something to better the Kids, post and your self keep it in this order you will do fine. Good luck.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

I will keep this all in mind.
At this point I have a meeting set with my AL post.
We will see were it goes.
The post commander is with me, others are not.
Others have their ideas of what a program should be like,
Even though the National Headquarters has a good program in place.
I could get shot down, even though it is only air rifle, they are treating it like we will be shooting firearms.
I have a lot of work ahead of me.
Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

One other suggestion if your A.L. Post does not have a Boy Scout Venturer Crew you could start one. When you run a Boy Scout Venturing program. You still can do alot of the same programs the reg boy scouts can do.
Look into all options before you decide. This program would need a man and a woman to run this sense girls are part of the Venturer crews. Most of the progam is run by the kids you just help them by coaching/teaching them during the different events you would have them do. Most post mite have a boy scout troop these are two different programs and yes Boy scout troop members can be both crew and troop members.

If you start a 4h or crew you are doing something to better the Kids, post and your self keep it in this order you will do fine. Good luck.
The suggestion makes sense and really helpful to us. It will surely guide us through exploring AL.