Thoughts on FWB Mod 700 evolution?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Andrew_D

Thoughts on FWB Mod 700 evolution?

Post by Andrew_D »

Want to get your thoughts on this rifle. FWB Mod 700 evolution.
Eurastus

Re: Thoughts on FWB Mod 700 evolution?

Post by Eurastus »

Andrew_D wrote:Want to get your thoughts on this rifle. FWB Mod 700 evolution.
I don't believe in the theory of evolution...in this case.

With Feinwerkbau there is only Devine Creation.
SailAwayAK

Post by SailAwayAK »

ON this one I disagree with Devine Creation.

For the price I would tell you to get an Anchutz 8001SR.

I have one of these for our team at the high school. Right off hand I can't remember all of the things I found annoying. It has been almost a year since I had a shooter working with it.

OH! I remember one thing.....when we took off the fore end hand piece to better fit a shooter for 3p the mechanics and springs with the triggers and such ended up open and were able to see working parts. Cool for a shooting geek but not so good for shooters to mess with.

I don't remember how adjustable the cheek piece is. I think it goes up and down but didn't rotate to and from the shooter.

Very light weighted in the front. Balance wasn't great. But the length was pretty adjustable. Might work well for a junior sized kiddo.
Scott

FWB

Post by Scott »

Andrew – my daughter (13 YOA) has had hers for over two years – the FWB 700 Evolution Top – and loves it. It has shot good enough to get her to the JOs two years in a row and medal last year in J3’s. We originally got it because of the weight – or lack of. Also, since it is a TOP it has the adjustable sight risers – this feature has allowed the rifle to “grow” with her the past two years. It all depends on who is shooting it – if it is small junior it is a great rifle. – we have added weight now that she has grown a ton this past year. I also coach a JROTC team and we have the ANS 8002 and they are nice for a kid that can handle the extra weight. The only thing I don’t like about the FWB is the rear sights – we have upgraded to ANS. If you want more info PM me and I will shoot you my phone number.
Andrew_D

Post by Andrew_D »

Thank you for the info! This helps a lot. I'll look into it some more. And Scott im 16 and have been using a club rifle for the past 4 years and have gone to JO's the last 3 years. I just didnt know if this was a good rifle. Im 5'8 and weigh 150
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

The evolution is light but you can add weights front, rear and in the middle as you get bigger and stronger.

The Walther LG-300/400 Junior is pretty good also and I would prefer it to the Evo.
Hope this helps a bit.
Pete