AP Training Books

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

bandur60

AP Training Books

Post by bandur60 »

Is (are) there any book(s) out there for air pistol training comparable to "Ways of the Rifle"? We're doing the PPP in a 4-H program (yeah I know, 4-H........) but seriously...??? Some of it would apply to the supported position. A couple of us have used ways of the rifle and the illustrations and explanations are easy to present to the kids (application sometimes not so much, but then they can see that it's not just an instructor's idea anyway.) I just really like the way, with that book, that you can hit on anything from very basic right on up.

Any help?? Thanks.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

There is a very similar book for pistol, but it's currently only available in German. It is being translated to English, but it has been for 5 or 6 years already, so I've no idea when it might actually be completed. The most up to date information is online - one source is the ISSF academy - google it, it's easy to find. There are many others, it's a matter of picking things that are presented right for you and your students.

Rob.
bandur60

Post by bandur60 »

Thanks Rob, sounds like a similar waiting period we experienced for "Ways of the Rifle". That one was worth the wait, I expect the same in this case.
SPPcoach

Re: AP Training Books

Post by SPPcoach »

http://www.centershot.com/
Pistol Shooting" is available from Center Shot Sports.
It is the pistol equivalent to "Way of the Rifle."