Daisy 887 Bolt Oring Question

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

A440

Daisy 887 Bolt Oring Question

Post by A440 »

The bolt that came factory on my sons 887 has a very small oring on the end that has split and is leaking during shots. I called Daisy and they said the only way to order the oring is to order the entire bolt assembly. Since they were less than $3 I ordered two sets. When they arrived there is no oring or any groove for an oring on the new bolt assemblies. See the attached picture of the old and new. Did they change design or are these defective parts? The gun does not even function with "new" parts from Daisy. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
887 Bolt_opt.jpg
Gundog

Post by Gundog »

After seeing your post I went to our clubs inventory and checked which bolt they had in them. We have guns in various ages and models. All model 887 and 888's that I looked at had no oring visible on the bolt. These rifles vary in age from less than a year to three year's for the 887's all the way up to 7 or 8 years for the 888's.

I had trouble once with a particular 887 and customer service (who you ordered your parts through) let me talk to one of the guys out in the shop and he helped me with it. I am not sure why yours has the oring if none of ours do, unless it is a new design but we got four last year and none of them have it. It is odd though that the one sent you still wouldn't work because I don't think they would retool to change the chamber dimensions either even if they redesigned the bolt.

I would call Daisy back and talk to one of the guys in the shop. Hope this helps.