ISSF Clothing Rule Change Petition

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

mtncwru

ISSF Clothing Rule Change Petition

Post by mtncwru »

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-int ... e-programs

The link above is a petition to the ISSF to consider the impact its rule changes will have on junior clubs. Please consider signing if you agree. I've cross-posted in both the Rifle and the Shooters Lounge forums to maximize exposure.
randy1952

Re: ISSF Clothing Rule Change Petition

Post by randy1952 »

mtncwru wrote:http://www.change.org/petitions/the-int ... e-programs

The link above is a petition to the ISSF to consider the impact its rule changes will have on junior clubs. Please consider signing if you agree. I've cross-posted in both the Rifle and the Shooters Lounge forums to maximize exposure.
I tried signing the petition, but I don't see how to send the message after filling it out?
mtncwru

Re: ISSF Clothing Rule Change Petition

Post by mtncwru »

randy1952 wrote:I tried signing the petition, but I don't see how to send the message after filling it out?

There should be a "Sign" button at the bottom of the fields you fill out. Just click that, and you're good to go.
RandyBorum

Post by RandyBorum »

Might it be possible to summarize the proposed changes here or point me to where I might view them?
SailAwayAK

Post by SailAwayAK »

I am wondering if there was any kind of reasoning behind the jacket seams changes in the "new rules"? There are actually some other things I don't agree with but this one seems to be the worst for me as we just had a custom made jacket produced for my very tall and lanky daughter. Some of the rules are going to be an issue for her as she is 6'4" with a 37" inseam. Rounding toes is one thing....but new jacket?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

RandyBorum wrote:Might it be possible to summarize the proposed changes here or point me to where I might view them?
Randy .... here is the thread ... the 1st post has the Summary of the Rule changes
viewtopic.php?t=36367
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

SailAwayAK wrote:I am wondering if there was any kind of reasoning behind the jacket seams changes in the "new rules"? There are actually some other things I don't agree with but this one seems to be the worst for me as we just had a custom made jacket produced for my very tall and lanky daughter. Some of the rules are going to be an issue for her as she is 6'4" with a 37" inseam. Rounding toes is one thing....but new jacket?
From my understanding this change came about because of one or two specific asian manufacturers that specifically placed a seam so that a "bulge" was created under the elbow and provided a "shelf" to support it.
I don't know which manufacturer(s).

This was a ill thought out addition to the rules and I'm really hoping that the rules committee will really rethink their wording. I'm in your shoes too ... just purchased a KT jacket for my daughter and this item may be banned in the future.

The good news is that USA Shooting is running the JOs this year under 2011 rules, so we don't have to worry .... yet.
JanetR

Post by JanetR »

Look closely at the State JO Host packet letter:

http://www.usashooting.org/library/Comp ... Packet.doc

"Please make note of the following adjustments for the 2013 season. There are rule changes for the 2013 season. All State JO competitions will follow the 2012 season rules, while the National JO competitions will follow the new 2013 rules."
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

JanetR wrote:Look closely at the State JO Host packet letter:

http://www.usashooting.org/library/Comp ... Packet.doc

"Please make note of the following adjustments for the 2013 season. There are rule changes for the 2013 season. All State JO competitions will follow the 2012 season rules, while the National JO competitions will follow the new 2013 rules."
Well, Janet - you're correct ... that could certainly put a damper on things. Qualify under one set of rules, show up and be disqualified under the new rules. I did not read that closely enough.

You know I'm a cynic, but I don't think that USAS would be that stupid. Especially since CMP (of which, JROTC, are the programs that many of the juniors get their gear & guns from) is not enforcing until Jan 2014.

It's a good question to hit Tyler & Pete up with as soon as the host lists come out.
PCU

Post by PCU »

Makes sense - most state matches will be completed before new USAS rules are due out; Nationals are several months after new rules will be in effect. Once rules are in effect, how do you pick which competitions should be exempted? Probably wise for National Jr. Olympic Championships to be same rules as national & international championships.

Even though National 3-P Air Rifle Council is grandfathering the new seat pads & shoe sole rules for two years, these two items are not a big deal to correct and don't cost money.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

PCU wrote:Makes sense - most state matches will be completed before new USAS rules are due out; Nationals are several months after new rules will be in effect. Once rules are in effect, how do you pick which competitions should be exempted? Probably wise for National Jr. Olympic Championships to be same rules as national & international championships.

Even though National 3-P Air Rifle Council is grandfathering the new seat pads & shoe sole rules for two years, these two items are not a big deal to correct and don't cost money.
For the most part I'd agree ... but there is one rule ... the Jacket Panel Seam which is the most worrisome ... that one rule, if enforced as now stated, will make many jackets illegal, and especially those that are custom.
CMP specifically left this rule out of the new rulebook.
Only one of the problems, since USAS does not know the rules that ISSF will come out with, is that if you needed to order a new rule conforming jacket in February, you probably would not get it until after the JOs in April. You may be having a tremendous amount of shooters from all over the world ordering new jackets here soon.
The new jacket I ordered last August was not delivered until December. Pretty much 3 months.

I think we just have to wait until we see what ISSF comes out with.